dell e228wfp goes blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell e228wfp goes blank

I have a dell monitor that turns the invereor off when an input is attached . The inverter turns back on when the input is removed.
    Attached Files

Re: dell e228wfp goes blank

Originally posted by chetreynolds View Post
    I have a dell monitor that turns the invereor off when an input is attached . The inverter turns back on when the input is removed.
    Dell monitors when no signal is supplied will float a self test box around the screen.
    When a signal is applied a different circuit takes over.
    Your monitor is a very high resolution monitor, Are you sure your video card can support It?
    Have you tried setting your computer to different resolutions, Try starting at a low resolution and work the way up to the highest resolution of your video card.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Have you selected the correct input by pushing buttons on the front panel switch?
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

yes I only have an analog input

Comment

can you tell us if those caps are ok?
          the reason I ask is, it looks like you have a cap or possibly 2 that are rounded on the top on the psu
          hard to tell from the pic
          the 2 in question are in pic4 bottom right hand corner cap, and the one above it
          they may be your problem

Comment

All of the caps are ok and have a low esr when measured in circuit

Comment

When you put in the input is the power LED green or orange?

Also, it looks like you have some KZG caps in there - these are notorious for failing without any visible signs (meaning they could be bad even though they aren't bloated).
              I would remove them then test ESR again on each KZQ cap.

Then again your pictures are blurry maybe I made a mistake about the presence of KZG. But please check! If possible, list the brand and series of the caps in your monitor.

Comment

Black caps on video board look 'puffy' - like just beginning to bloat.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                  When you put in the input is the power LED green or orange?

Also, it looks like you have some KZG caps in there - these are notorious for failing without any visible signs (meaning they could be bad even though they aren't bloated).
                  I would remove them then test ESR again on each KZQ cap.

Then again your pictures are blurry maybe I made a mistake about the presence of KZG. But please check! If possible, list the brand and series of the caps in your monitor.
                  KZE or KY would be more typical in a screen.
                  Those both come in brown too.
                  I can't read them either though.
                  Mann-Made Global Warming.
                  - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                  -

Comment

Working...
                  X