lg 50pg3000 sound but no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg 50pg3000 sound but no picture

hi a got this set in today checked vs va etc all fuses mosfets etc are all fine
    has a green signal light on the ldvs board when turned on I get sound just no picture no glow on the screen nothing

any ideas

Re: lg 50pg3000 sound but no picture

Does the standby light come on? if so what does it do?

Comment

normal standby light press power goes green and stays green get sound but no picture

Comment

Try unplugging LVDS cable and placing jumper across EXT AUTO GEN.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

with auto gen jumper jumped I still get no screen it don't light up and defo no picture

Comment

[posted in error]
            Last edited by tom66; 11-20-2013, 02:36 PM.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yes mate I get nothing

ive checked all fuses all voltages and everything checks out

mosfets are all fine as are the diodes do you know where I can find the pg3000 training slides that's will have a load of info that might be able to help me in my fault finding

I also tried disconnecting to and lower buffer on the y side and tried running like that but to no avail

Comment

You have Vs and Va? What do you have on -Vy and Vsc? What about Vzbias?
                On back of LG PDP module is something like LG PDP50K1##### what is the exact code for your model?

Comment

hold on mate whats the vzbias

Comment

pdp50g1
                    aalso where to measure vsc vzbias ets cant see nothing on the board
                    Last edited by wreksta; 11-20-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

This manual covers PDP50G1.

It indicates where to check all mentioned voltages.

Comment

-Vy 0v

Vsc 0v

so y board seems to be at fault

Vzbias 97.6 normal according to panel should be 98 so the z board seems okies but never gets hot on the heatsinks

Comment

You will not get any heat from heatsinks if there is no power (no light) being pumped into the plasma panel.

Check fuses on Y-sus, obvious burn marks, etc.
                          Isolate buffer board(s) and check if the voltages rise without them in place.

Comment

I have this same issue. I think mine started from a faulty buffer
                            Board. Is this possible?

Comment

al voltages read correctly after I have removed the buffers

195 and 135 on the vy and the vsc

now how to test this type of buffer board

I have tested these resistors on diode setting I get 0.6.0 on my meter but the continuity crackles on them that means there bad don't it they are marked 470

Last edited by wreksta; 11-20-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

No point testing them, the fact that the voltages come up means your buffers are bad. You can try one at a time if you want. You may get half a picture.

Comment

I want to try repair it tom ive removed the heatsinks and the main microchips look fine no burns or anything

Comment

Generally I wouldn't say it's worth it.. you may be looking at a cascading failure that has killed several buffer chips if more than one board is bad. I see both boards available for £85 new, they may be much cheaper if from a scrapped TV.

But if you were to repair it, you'd need to look and see if the individual buffer ICs are available as replacement parts, if not, there's not much chance of repairing them.

Those diodes are just for the -VSC circuit, to limit addressing current. The only parts I'm aware that can cause this fault are the buffer chips.
                                    Last edited by tom66; 11-20-2013, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X