X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to know ESR if not specified?

Hello all.

Excuse my poor english.

I opened my Syncmaster 226NW (same as 226BW but only VGA output) and found that some caps need to be replaced: 3 x 820uf 25v 105°. I found this item in eBay, same specifications that I need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Nichicon-...item415c8b0924

BUT I have no idea about their ESR level and if those caps are useful to repare the monitor. I looked a few hours through the web and through badcaps faq, but can not get to identify ESR specs.

Somebody there to enlightme?
    Attached Files

Re: How to know ESR if not specified?

Originally posted by Fukushiman View Post
    Hello all.

Excuse my poor english.

I opened my Syncmaster 226NW (same as 226BW but only VGA output) and found that some caps need to be replaced: 3 x 820uf 25v 105°. I found this item in eBay, same specifications that I need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Nichicon-...item415c8b0924

BUT I have no idea about their ESR level and if those caps are useful to repare the monitor. I looked a few hours through the web and through badcaps faq, but can not get to identify ESR specs.

Somebody there to enlightme?
    Looking at the picture, those are Nichicon HV series, the spec sheet is here. Nichicon HV is suitable for this application, but the question is are the ones in the auction genuine?

PlainBill
    Last edited by PlainBill; 12-03-2011, 09:23 PM.
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

You find the ESR by looking at the cap's data sheet from the manufacturer.
      Problem is I don't see an XC series on Samwha's site.
      HV are good enough to replace most caps found in screens.
      Lacking actual data for the old ones I would upgrade to Panasonic FM or FR though.
      Buying caps on ebay is risky.
      Counterfeit caps are abundant there.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Thankyou PlainBill and PCBONEZ.

I will look for additional info and post again if I need it so.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
        X