Dell 2407 inverter caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2407 inverter caps

I just did a search and couldn't find a direct answer to my quandary.

I've replaced the PSU caps on this Dell 2407 wfp monitor, its 5 or so years old and I've noticed the odd flicker so wanted to do some preventative cap changing. So, PSU all done and dusted.

When I came to look at the caps on the inverter board the ones I planned to use didn't look as 'beefy' as the ones in situ and wondered if anyone could confirm my choice is a good one...I've got 220uF 35v Rubycon ZFK series.

On paper they seem up to spec, (I think), but wanted to double check before I put them in. All I know so far is they should be able to take 1200mA ripple current.

Does anyone know if they OK to use? Thank you for any advice.

Re: Dell 2407 inverter caps

Originally posted by btb88 View Post
    I just did a search and couldn't find a direct answer to my quandary.

I've replaced the PSU caps on this Dell 2407 wfp monitor, its 5 or so years old and I've noticed the odd flicker so wanted to do some preventative cap changing. So, PSU all done and dusted.

When I came to look at the caps on the inverter board the ones I planned to use didn't look as 'beefy' as the ones in situ and wondered if anyone could confirm my choice is a good one...I've got 220uF 35v Rubycon ZFK series.

On paper they seem up to spec, (I think), but wanted to double check before I put them in. All I know so far is they should be able to take 1200mA ripple current.

Does anyone know if they OK to use? Thank you for any advice.
    Where did you buy them? I've done a cursory search, and they are not a current Rubycon series, and I can't find a reference to any ZFK capacitor series.

Nichicon HC or Panasonic FM series would be acceptable for this application.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. I bought them from RS, they seem to be a current item

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7258161/

I don't mind ordering some others, but I've got these and if possible would like to use them.

Comment

Spec sheet for the ZLK series below. Probably not as popular because of the limited number of capacitance and voltage values. Looks like a very good choice for your needs.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jetadm123; 12-02-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
          Spec sheet for the ZLK series below. Looks like a very good choice for your needs.
          Thanks for looking over the spec. I thought they should be suitable, but looked a bit 'weedy' (ie they are thinner!), next to the originals and I had second thoughts.

I'll go ahead and fit them.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X