X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple sues Samsung

http://hothardware.com/News/Apple-Su...s-to-iDevices/
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20055033-248.html

Apple has opened a lawsuit against Samsung incriminating the Galaxy S 4G, Epic 4G, Nexus S and Galaxy Tab for allegedly copying their design and UI. Bad move IMO, since Samsung is the biggest flash memory supplier...
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: Apple sues Samsung

Apple sues everyone that they don't like......they're not like every other company out there that instead strives to make a better product.... Apple would rather waste the money on lawsuits than R&D....and it shows.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Apple has lost my business all together. Their supremist "we own everything" attitude makes me sick. I can't support a company that uses those business practices.

Comment

Boo hoo, what a shame... poor Stevie and his Hitler complex. I'm just moved. He thinks the whole world revolves around him- irrelevant fool.
        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
        Originally posted by shango066
        All style and no substance.
        Originally posted by smashstuff30
        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Tell me about it I cannot believe everyone buys into there overpriced garbadge a frickin ipod touch has a price label that is 8x's higher then what it costs to make these frickin IPAD's are the same way and a core2dou laptop that should only cost you a few hundred dollars costs you 1,700.00 I cannot believe that people are this ignorant... And there has been a lot of apple fanboys popping up all over the place telling me to use hackintosh OS or some crap I tell them for one Linux has damn near everything I need and then there is windows for bluray fun and a few other things linux does not have the only cool thing apple has going right now is the thunderbolt or whatever that usb like port is called. I really blame a lot of this on tech savy sites like engadget promoting apple crap just about in 1 of every 10 articles! Wake up people send in some real unbiased editors they are either fanboys or they are collecting a check behind your backs from apple!!!!
          Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

i see no point investing (wasting) money on a real mac when OSX can easily be installed on "normal" PCs without any problems.
            heck.. i'd even buy a retail OSX .. 25-30bucks is far more reasonable than 100+ for Win7. it's just the hardware that costs 2 to 5 times as much because it has a god damn apple logo on it..

i'm quite happy with OSX Snow Leopard (10.6) on my dualcore celeron E1200 box

Comment

I tried a ... modified version of OSX on my Athlon 64 once - worked surprisingly well until i accidentally run software update and nuked something.

Couldn't be bothered reinstalling it, it was fun and interesting to try for a week but didn't do anything Linux and Windows couldn't already do.
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

OSX is actually pretty easy to get and keep going.
                all you need is a loader (which emulates EFI and fools OSX into thinking it's on a real mac) and a retail OSX Snow Leopard DVD.
                (cause that's easier than the pre-modified stuff you can get as torrents or w/e.. you'll never know what they modified if you run into a problem..)

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/...c-os-x-on.html

your software update most likely killed the loader..

Comment

No, it still booted OK, but once loaded CPU would go to 100% and it would lag very badly.

I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I gave up.

I did not know you could use retail version with a special loader... maybe I will give that a try some time
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                    OSX is actually pretty easy to get and keep going.
                    all you need is a loader (which emulates EFI and fools OSX into thinking it's on a real mac) and a retail OSX Snow Leopard DVD.
                    (cause that's easier than the pre-modified stuff you can get as torrents or w/e.. you'll never know what they modified if you run into a problem..)

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/...c-os-x-on.html

your software update most likely killed the loader..
                    if your mobo supports efi, do you still need the emulator?
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I would say so, because I think you also need to emulate the TPM chip.

Also Apple might implement EFI in a different way or something.
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
                        Boo hoo, what a shame... poor Stevie and his Hitler complex. I'm just moved. He thinks the whole world revolves around him- irrelevant fool.
                        And I thought I was the only one who noticed Stevie had the little big man complex! I hope he's not planning on taking over the world...big Billy Gates already beat him to it!
                        If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

Working...
                        X