This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey guys. New to the forum. Found you while looking for info on an item I wanted to repair. Lots of great information here. Thanks for having me.

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

Good day... Retired computer guy...than has a Samsung 64" problem TV and would like to fix the unit.

Cleve

Comment

Just posting to get some restrictions removed. From scotland, worked on electronics stuff for years. saved myself a fortune in repair work, and also found myself owning things i otherwise couldnt afford purely by buying broken and repairing. I enjoy taking things apart, and learning how stuff works.

Got a burning question refarding ESR so hopefully i can get posting soon.

cheers

Raulman

Comment

Hello All, have heard great news from this forum in regards to help from the community.

Comment

Hello everyone, I have been reading non stop for the last week or so and would like to say this is one of the best organized and well behaved site forums i have ever encountered.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Rui and I'm from Portugal, I work with electronics and sometimes it's good to have someone to talk to about some problems in this industry .

Comment

Hi all. Found this site while searching for information on an Insignia TV. Fixed my first TV at 12 years old (it wasn't hard to test tubes back then, LOL) Off to tech school for formal electronics training, the joined the phone company. In house training for the first 15 years on common control switches then into the computer department for many, many years of training and work on the likes of IBM, HP, DEC, DG, Sun, EMC, Dell, Storage tech, and ATL systems, including all there tape decks and disk storage machines. These were the back room servers for the entire phone system.
                The phone company believed in, all in house servicing back then, so the above mentioned companies had to train us to do all the work on their propritary hardware.
                My first home computer was the Commodore C64, I even built my own tape deck for it from an old cassette player. I've been called a jack of all jacks and a master of none, as I repair just about anything, including my own cars, up to rebuilding a couple of auto computers. Last project I built from scratch was a nixie clock using TTL chips, about 5 years ago.

Comment

Hello, I found these forums while searching for info about my failed plasma TV. I've been building/repairing computers for years so I'm hoping that I can fix the TV. I've got my fingers crossed that your community can get me pointed in the right direction.

Comment

hello im andrew, im getting into capacitor repair and just made the most simple mistake, removing all the bad capacitors w/o taking a picture or documenting with ones went where.

Comment

Hi, My names Mike and I'm a newbie to the realm of laptop repair, but I want to master it! I live in Albuquerque, NM in the US, (I knew I should have taken that left turn in Albuquerque...) I appreciate a place to come for help and to give guidance when I'm at that level. Thanks guys!

Comment

Hi, My name is James, i repair electronics as a hobby, other sites have brought me here and have helped me repair a few things

Comment

Hello, my name is Jeff. I have been an avionics tech with the US Navy for 13 years and enjoy finding new and inventive ways of spending my money in time in the pursuit of not only fixing stray electronics, but also with the goal of confounding my wife.

My current project is rehabilitating a HannsG HH251 which has your oh-so-typical 2 Seconds To Black gripe going on. I look forward to contributing and learning quite a bit here.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                            My name is... well, it is - probably - unpronounceable to an English person, so never mind! ( )
                            I've been searching information about Panasonic plasma repairs... and ended up here!

Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone I'm From India. I am practising this electronics as my Job about 10 years

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the group. I've found a lot of good information and decided to join to gain even more benefit from the knowledge here.

Comment

Hey!
                                  I'm Fred, a French dude living in Scotland. My gf just fried her shiny Sony laptop and I thought I could open it to see it there was something obvious, and googling the daughterboard model number sent me to this forum. A lot of very useful information for electronic hobbyist like me. Thanks!

Comment

Hello ! I'm Poney, french info tech and really appreciate this forum !
                                    French IT Tech. Pleased to find this good forum

Comment

After taking my TV to two repairmen and getting nowhere, I ran across this excellent website. I look forward to learning from you and benefitting from your expertise.

Comment

Hi, I'm Paddy from near Newry, N.Ireland. My main work is repairing quads lawnmowers, and small engine stuff. Also do a lot of auto electrics but tend to keep the electronic repairs as a hobby so I dont get sick looking at them, came across this site while searching for a circuit diagram. So I probably couldn't help anyone much about a tv repair but for motorbike/quad or auto electrics info just ask

Comment

Hello, my name is Chip.

Comment

Working...
                                          X