CPU load-line calibration can improve stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU load-line calibration can improve stability

On a system with a 2.13GHz Core 2 E6400 overclocked to 3.2GHz (800MHz FSB) on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard, it gave BSODs when playing the Sims 2 (intensive application), despite a large Zalman heatsink.

Since I enabled "Load-Line Calibration", I have yet to see another BSOD.

If you're overclocking, try enabling this option if you are having problems, even if you have a decent heatsink.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: CPU load-line calibration can improve stability

Not recommended, can cause overshoot of VID and makes the VRM work much harder
    Better to just increase vcore untill it becomes stable, or simply step back on the OC

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=3184&p=6
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Yeah, I had that enabled on my GA-EX58-UD5 until I found that article. I read that and I went *lightbulb*; no wonder I can run Prime95 for days, but give it a varying load and expect a random hard lock. I had to bump the vcore setting up a bunch, but true loaded voltage is the same.
      I also discovered later how much heat affects voltage requirements on accident. It was running stable for days then it got up to about 30C in my room. Internal case temps hit 45C and it hard locked. Pulled vcore, instant crash booting. Bumped it two notches. So now my standard is at least one notch above stable to provide for temperature increases.

Comment

^
        Even better than that for stability is to remove your spam garbage from your sig!! Now that I've removed it, the forum runs with more stability!!
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Working...
        X