Samsung 226BW Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 226BW Dead

For the past month I have has the bad cap 226bw flickering problem. I have known about this and after a bit of googleing, and posts here, I had all of my parts ready to fix the monitor (667-ECA-1EHG331 X 1 667-EEU-FC1E821 x 2) when it finally bit the dust / I couldnt handle the flicking on startup anymore.

Today was that day.

When I went to power up by blue stand-by light was not on and I could not power on the monitor. Figured it was time to pull everything apart and replace the caps. So a few hours and 1 iron burn later I replaced the three caps. When I went to re-assemble everything I was very sad to find out that my standby light and power would not turn on.

The power cable IS plugged in! (phew)
    The computer recognizes the monitor via the dvi cable. I can drag windows to the 226bw screen but can not see it as it will not power on.
    I have dis-assembled the monitor again to check all of the connections. They are good.

Any advice before I just hop on newegg and upset my wallet by buying a new monitor?

Picture of my board with the new caps

Many thanks everyone.

Re: Samsung 226BW Dead

If you have been reading this site for amonth I am surprised you have not found any posts suggesting a problem is fixed sooner rather than later when collateral damage can happen.

I also notice you do not appear to have changed all the caps except the large one.
    Flickering can be a result of the two caps in the middle of your picture failing.

Have you tested the two fuses. Red Barrel one to the left of the BIG Cap and the green torpedo.

With it all connected what voltage do you get on each side of the green fuse with respect to a ground screw.

If no voltage at the Green fuse VERY carefully test the voltage at the BIG Cap meter on 600VDC

Please note we prefer pictures to be posted using manage attachments rather than linked off line.

EDIT - Whilst the caps you have used should not not stop it working the caps you have used are not usually recommended for this application.
    Panasonic FR FM or FC in that order is the norm.
    Last edited by selldoor; 05-05-2013, 03:07 AM.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
    X