Dell E171FP, GH15/17 Cap Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E171FP, GH15/17 Cap Values

I have a Dell 17" LCD monitor with capacitors missing from locations C14, C15, C16, C17, C18, and C19.
    The power/inverter board is a GH15/17/18 rev. 1.
    Can someone provide the original capacitor values for me?
    I can't find a diagram or parts list.
    Thank you,
    DB

Re: Dell E171FP, GH15/17 Cap Values

Hopefully someone can help you.

Having said this, are you sure that capacitor locations should be occupied?

I am much more familiar with computer motherboards, and what happens quiet often with them is that they use the same PCB for various similar models of a motherboard. Therefore one model would have some components missing (including capacitors) due to a particular feature not being present (which is dependant upon a chip which was not placed on the board). Sometimes there are last minute changes to design and they are left unoccupied.

Comment

Would you post a good size pic of the board?

Board model numbers usually don't mean much as many different PSU's are used in these units. A picture is more likely to trigger someone's memory.
      veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by djbush2000
        I have a Dell 17" LCD monitor with capacitors missing from locations C14, C15, C16, C17, C18, and C19.
        The power/inverter board is a GH15/17/18 rev. 1.
        Can someone provide the original capacitor values for me?
        I can't find a diagram or parts list.
        Thank you,
        One picture is worth a thousand words. It is unlikely that anyone is going to open up a bunch of 17" Dell monitors to see which one has this particular power supply / inverter board. Posting a picture increases the chance that someone will recognize it.

Dang!!! Toasty beat me to it!

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty
          Would you post a good size pic of the board?

Board model numbers usually don't mean much as many different PSU's are used in these units. A picture is more likely to trigger someone's memory.
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Here are 2 PICs of the power/inverter board.
            DB

Comment

Originally posted by djbush2000
              Sorry for the delay. Here are 2 PICs of the power/inverter board.
              Hmm, no pictures. Please try again. The pictures have a size limitation of 2000x2000px (I believe).

Comment

Post Pics
                Attached Files
                Last edited by djbush2000; 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM. Reason: add picture
                DB

Comment

c17,c18 2200uf 10v
                  c14,c15,c16 1000uf, 25v
                  c19 470uf 25v

Comment

I am new here if this solve the problem, No display on screen but there is a power indicator like green light? Hope you response to my problem thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by felipemassa View Post
                      I am new here if this solve the problem, No display on screen but there is a power indicator like green light? Hope you response to my problem thanks.
                      Probably the inverter. This has been mentioned twice in this thread: We REALLY can't help you unless you are willing to give us some pictures, top and bottom of both the power supply and the inverter if you would.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I have the same board. GH15/17 rev 3. The IC1 has exploded and I can't get any numbers off of it. I need to know if someone has one and will give me the numbers so I can replace it. The 100uf 400v cap is buldging and both fuses are blown. Please help. Thanks inadvance for all. This is the first time I have posted here but have read many posts. The people here on this site have helpped my correct numerous problems just by reading what is posted.

Comment

2nd picture in this post shows it.

The "rest" of the thread might be helpful too
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9162

Comment

I saw the second picture and it does show me the top of IC1 but I need the numbers off of the front of the FET.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize I was suppose to go to the link you posted and look at the second picture. This thread has 2 pictures posted and that was what I thought you meant. Thank you so much for your help. Your great and the people who help are great. Thanks again. Later.

Comment

Working...
                              X