Samsung PN51D550C1F died, won't turn on, clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN51D550C1F died, won't turn on, clicking

Seems to be working well. I had to adjust the VS from 107 up to 113 to deal with the dreaded pink banding issue. I checked for this to make sure before I closed it up, luckily. I had this problem before the boards went kablooey, so I am not surprised I had to up the VS again.

Thinking about it, I am wondering if 6 plus months of higher voltage caused the x main to blow in the first place....may be a connection?

Comment

I'm in the same boat for the same tv, anyone have a source for the x-main for this one?

Comment

I was wondering if I got a different revision of the same board, would that work or would I end up frying something else. It seems there are lots of Rev.1.2 around, but mine is 1.3

Comment

Hey Hobbs, I have the exact same problem! exactly the same tv!

Should we do the same thing that ehboy did ?
          I ordered a new x-main - the PBA number is the same but the actual board looks a bit different. i will upload those pics.

here is the video.... i have a digital multimeter but i have no real experience.

http://youtu.be/d7Z2c7u_nj8

Comment

this is the original x-main

this is the new x-main i ordered off of ebay
            the new one looks like there are 2 transistors missing ??

you can zoom in and see the PBA number match.. are there other part numbers that i missed before ordering? am i even replacing the right part?

how can i use the multimeter to check if these or ok? OR ANY ADVICE? thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

You have the 720p X-main. You cannot use it in your 1080p set unfortunately.

It might be possible to upgrade the 720p X-main to behave like a 1080p one, this would involve swapping quite a few parts across and buying additional ones.

It's weird, in the UK the 720p one seems to be in good supply, about £30 ($50USD), and the 1080p one is near unobtainable. Wonder if the 1080p one fails more often?
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ahhhh - so Tom, i should look into ordering a 1080p x-main, you think that's what the problem is ?

Comment

i have those 2 boards for 720p i guess if anyone needs them

Comment

Thanks for your help TOM66

How did you identify i ordered a 720p board?

where can i find the 1080p board that i need? I really don't want to order the wrong part again

Comment

So. I just read through this whole thing and it seems that the problem was never discovered.
                      My tv just stopped working the other day. The red led in the front double blinks, I can hear clicking like maybe a relay or something. Picture does not appear or flash. I guess I have to find one with a broken screen and part it out

Comment

Originally posted by vinniebonez View Post
                        Thanks for your help TOM66

How did you identify i ordered a 720p board?

where can i find the 1080p board that i need? I really don't want to order the wrong part again
                        HI, Vinnie,
                        I was just wondering what happen to your TV after plugging the new Y board LABEL DH-G
                        we had pretty much the same issue here my TV wouldn't turned on at all only blinking Red light and clicking noise, I manage to find a Y board label DH-G but my original Board Label DF-G I had noticed slight difference missing one green capacitor.. but anyway I di plugged in a replacement YBoard and got excited because the TV turns on without pressing the power button on remote but after few minutes it starting to smokes not from the board id just replaced it was coming from the other y board immediately unplugged the power supply but before I did that the screen started to fades out (blurry,distorted ) but anyway I was just curious to know whether this happen to you as well... SJimmy does not have anything available at this moment neither Ebay.

Comment

Hot the same problem on same model tv. As of niw no Va ir VS voltage, Y and X biards are disconnected only logic and main board. I have a slow steady pulse on the logic. Is it a bad power supply board? All caps looks fine Im thinking starting to remove the mosfets and test them. Any advice which component to look on the possible bad power supply?

Comment

Originally posted by nhoj612 View Post
                            Is it a bad power supply board? All caps looks fine Im thinking starting to remove the mosfets and test them. Any advice which component to look on the possible bad power supply?
                            Have you measured the voltages on the power supply to see if they are all up at their correct voltages before removing components.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7zWKY2Hwnc
                            Last edited by dick_barton; 06-04-2016, 02:52 PM.
                            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Found the problem, one if the driver chip on the y buffer blown causing the VA VS to 0 in the power supply. I isolate the ribbon cable from the logic board. Now with just the PS, Logic and Main board connected got the Voltage right and normal pulse on the Logic board. My question now is since one if the driver chip is fried on the Y buffer, should the Y sus board fried too? And change also the X sus? The X sus are connected to the Y sus. Thanks

Comment

Just wondering if you ended up fixing the tv with just a y-buffer and y-sus or did you have to get the x- main as well.?
                                Thanks

Comment

Does anyone have a 1080p Xmain and Xbuffer I could buy? I am not finding any available online, only 720p versions.

When I plug in my TV the Xmain and Buffer both make a soft humming noise, but no picture. When I turn the TV off after that it wont turn on again. The light blinking changes on the controller.

Comment

Old thread I know but same issues.

Took a video if anyone could provide some assistance

https://youtu.be/Gn4SmvjsdpE

Comment

Working...
                                    X