HP L1902 - stuck in "service mode"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP L1902 - stuck in "service mode"

Well i picked this up hoping for a cheap and easy fix, as there is a known issue with cold solder joints on a toroid inductor. Sure enough, that was what was preventing the thing from turning on, however i was in for a surprise: It flashes red-green-blue-white screens sequentially and won't do anything else so i assume it's stuck in some sort of service mode. Not even the power button works. Gonna need some help on this one.

Oh and it also has some dust inside the LCD, i'll have to take it apart and clean it. That is, if i can get it out of this stupid test pattern first.

Edit: I can be an idiot sometimes. I haven't thought about actually plugging an input signal into it. It works just fine. Looks like all it needs is a good cleaning of the insides of the panel.
    Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 04-11-2012, 01:55 PM.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: HP L1902 - stuck in "service mode"

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    Edit: I can be an idiot sometimes. I haven't thought about actually plugging an input signal into it. It works just fine.
    Don't worry, you would not be the first and will not be the last to do this. I can't remember how many pages of troubleshooting that PlainBill and I put into before the OP finally plugged in a source and everything was working fine.

Now I always ask people if they have a source plugged as part of the standard questions.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: HP L1902 - stuck in "service mode"

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      Don't worry, you would not be the first and will not be the last to do this.

I guess i just joined the club

I had an older 17" in the basement that was doing the same thing and i set it aside until today. Actually hooked it up to the test computer and wouldn't you know it

Comment

Working...
      X