Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOC tft22w90ps intermittently turns off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC tft22w90ps intermittently turns off.

My friend picked up a used AOC tft22w90ps monitor, it worked for about a day, now after a few minutes the screen goes dark, when it turns off the on screen display is also not working. I haven't looked at it yet, any ideas? He said he removed all the screws and couldn't get it open. If it's something easy like bad caps or a burned resistor somewhere I'm going to fix it, otherwise it's not worth it, the monitor was a $13 find at goodwill, it was manufactured around 2008.

Re: AOC tft22w90ps intermittently turns off.

Can you see an image if shining a flashlight on the screen?

Also you will need to get it open and take pictures of the boards and overall layout for us.

Comment

I am going to my friends place to look at it in about an hour and then I can put up some pictures, and check to see if it's the backlight. Is there a trick to get this thing open, my friend might have just missed something, wondering if it has screws hidden under the bezel or stickers covering them. He said the case didn't give at all after he took them all out. I can probably figure it out but it could save me some time. .

Comment

Usually just having to gently prise them apart after all screws removed does it

Comment

There's quite a few vids on Youtube on opening monitor cases. One trick is to use a credit card to open the plastic clips. Easier to see someone doing it than to explain.

Good luck
          Midibob

Comment

Working...
          X