Vox mini 3 amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vox mini 3 amp

Hi Midibob I`m new to this Forum thing, but I`ve been given a couple of vox mini 3s to repair - it certainly looks like a dead amp chip in both cases & I`d love to try your repair solution, rather than advise they bin them. Can you please PM me as I`m new. Regards Kevin

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Hi Midibob, all working beautifully thanks to your elegant solution!
        Will use your boards again should the need arise.
        Thanks again!
        Kevin

Comment

My pleasure.

Comment

Hi midiBob,

I just completed the daughterboard installation over the weekend. It was a fun project, everything aligned up perfectly and now the amp has come back to life.

Thanks again for your support throughout this project. Instructions are clear and easy to follow.

Cheers!

Comment

I did a quick fix on a vox mini for a mate a while back. I just used a board from an old desk top speaker set. I told him the battery life will suffer and suggested he go to the repair shop if it was problem. He called back to say he had bought an external battery because, wait for it - It now sounded more like a vox!
              happy days...

Comment

LOL, it just shows what you can do if need be. I don't know how tonally flat those amps would be but maybe it's hit the right sweet spot?

Comment

Hi midibob, we also have a blown Vox Mini3 here and would need some assistance from your daughterboard. Please PM me about ordering details. Grazie Costa53

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

3 years on and still your daughterboards are wanted!

Well done Midibob

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                        3 years on and still your daughterboards are wanted!

Well done Midibob
                        Indeed!

Midibob, have you considered having boards made by some PCB manufacturer? Just a suggestion, since you must be making PCBs like crazy now! xD
                        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Gosh, is it 3 years already!!

To have the boards made would add too much to the price and although it would save a lot of time, being retired I've got plenty of that. I'm not sure how many I've done now must be getting on towards 30 so it's manageable.

Comment

Ciao midibob, just came back home after two years of working abroad to discover that my mini 3's speaker does not work. Do you still have patience and time to assist a the regard? Kindly advise. Thank you in advance for any possible help.

Comment

Hi,

If there's no output from the speaker and the headphone output is OK then it's more than likely the output chip has blown. If you read the whole thread it mentions how to test the resistance of the speaker wires to ground so you can prove whether the chip is bad or not.
                              Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Thanks midibob for the quick reply! I read the whole thread (specially page 3). But I don't have tools/experience in the field (I looked on internet for the mini3 problem, and this forum came up). I presume the output chip is blown: no sound from speaker but OK with headphones. I'm interested in your "daughterboard". Would it be possible to send me one? Advise on the method. I can find someone here who could fit it in.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Hi Midibob. Do you have any daughter boards available please?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Hi Bob!
                                        Sounds like your the Vox mini 3 Master. I have the same no output problem and i am interested in your fix.
                                        Regards

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                                          X