Older Sceptre X9G naga V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Sceptre X9G naga V

Ok, guys & gals, whichever the case may be?....Newbe here.
    I aquired this Sceptre X9G Naga V 19". When I first plugged it up for power, there was No power light. but after I left it plugged in for a minute, the power light gradually lit up real dim? I plugged the vga in to a running computer & nothing showed on the screen (I assumed this would happen) since the power light was so dim, (I had to hold my hand around it to be able to see it.)

Ok, so I ordered the caps kit Even though none of the caps looked bad, I replaced all 10 caps & double checked my joints & crossed my fingers as I plugged it in,.... Same thing, No power light?! However, now, after I leave it plugged in for 5-6 minutes, the power light gets brighter & brighter? (never did that before) So now I hit the power button to turn it off, the light goes out,... I hit the power again & it comes on bright green for a split second then goes to yellow. I then tried plugging the vga cable in & nothing happens, no change in light color, no image, no image with the flashlight test.....I'm at a Loss as what to do next, short off trashing it?... Any Ideas or thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Older Sceptre X9G naga V

Originally posted by BourbonPete View Post
    Any Ideas or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
    1) Post top down view pictures of your boards following the instructions exactly in my sig file below.

2) What brand and series did you get in the kit? For example, Panasonic is the brand and FM is the series.

3) Do you have a multimeter?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: Older Sceptre X9G naga V

I thank you for your quick reply, however when I took the board back up from it's mountings & turned it over, it seems this board goes to the scrap pile?! 2 different solder joints appear to have shorted around one of the caps I replaced & the solder tracked to another component that looks like it's burnt? I'm not going to spend any more time or money on this one!

Comment

Working...
      X