Viewsonic VX2035WM Turns on for a few seconds then goes black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic VX2035WM Turns on for a few seconds then goes black

Sounds like a monitor I recapped a while ago...

22" Widescreen Chimei with dead CapXons, replaced all with Nichicon\Panasonic, works but randomly shuts off.

Seems to shut off faster the higher the brightness level, and there is a yellow patch in the top-right corner. Someone suggested it was old lamps going faulty and tripping the inverter protection.

Haven't looked into it further....

Originally posted by seanc View Post
    Is that picture before-recapping?
    What are the red/brown Panasonics? A new variant of FR?
    No, they are Hermei!! (see post #15) Bastards must be using Panasonic-style vents now....
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

did your monitor work in safe mode?

Comment

Never tried it in safe mode as I didn't expect it would make a difference. It seemed to me to be very much a monitor problem, however I could try it if you wanted.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

UPdate:
          Finally got it working. Had to uninstall the on-board video drivers and then re-install them. Seems to be working fine now. Note: I did not install the monitor driver from viewsonic. Well, actually i did but it gave me the problem again where monitor should go blank. So i uninstalled that driver and every thing seems to be working.

Comment

I hope that fixes it although I don't really think your problem is the video card\drivers... I think it's the monitor itself.
            -David VanHorn

Comment

I know what you mean. THis monitor seems kinda flakey i will let you guys know if there are any changes.

Comment

Originally posted by seanc View Post
                Is that picture before-recapping?
                What are the red/brown Panasonics? A new variant of FR?
                Those bastard Hermeis really piss me off! They depend on the 'bean counters' doing parts spec'ing going "ooh- it's got the T-vent, it must be a good cap."

I got your solution right here... in fact, I've nailed the problem.

Welchs, don't kid yourself by pretending that 'software fixes power supplies.' It's possible that the scan format was changed in that INF reinstall, reverting back to 'less demanding' settings. You then squeezed more time out of it before it acted up again.

-Paul
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kaboom; 07-23-2011, 08:36 PM.
                "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                Originally posted by shango066
                All style and no substance.
                Originally posted by smashstuff30
                guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

But i replaced all the caps except one i think...........the only caps i did not replace were those on the logic board.

Comment

Maybe the ones on the logic board are stuffed too.
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                    X