Ultra ULT-LS6000P 600W ATX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultra ULT-LS6000P 600W ATX

The resistors are probably in the 5vsb circuit. The value of one is 1.5 ohms and the value of the other is .5 ohms. I worked on a Ultra.....different model.....but probably very similar 5vsb circuit. Here is a picture of the .5 ohm resistor from my power supply and a schematic of the circuit. The two resistors are R109 and R110.
    Attached Files
    Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Originally posted by bsweasel View Post
      This thing is driving me crazy.... I'm starting to question if its worth fixing. So these resistors are around the switching transistors on primary side. Hoping someone can confirm my color translations:
      Brown:green:black:gold:brown
      Black:green:black:silver:brown
      Hard to tell, they have both been heated, so the colors look dull to me....or maybe I'm getting color blind. Really wish I had a schematic of this pile.
      You didn't enter location information in your forum profile so we don't know where you are, to the extent of knowing how much trouble it is to get components or what a replacement PSU would cost in your area, but...

I'd say this PSU isn't worth repairing since you mentioned the fan failed and that caused the whole thing to bake. For it to pop the high side capacitors, it's bound to have put a lot of stress on the low side output caps and 5VSB cap(s) so you could end up spending as much as the PSU would be worth working, not including the value of your time... and as others suggested, it's not really a 600W PSU. Just looking at what seems to be a 6A bridge rectifier, if it's 70% efficient with 110VAC input, ~ 462W limit right there.

Comment

Ok, looking for some more guidance. What is this and how do I test it? And does it have polarity? I pulled it out a couple weeks ago thinking I had a picture of how it went, and I don't....nor do I know if its any good. I put it on my ohm meter and it reads open.... it appears to be part of this same circuit that is shot with all these bad parts.

Yeah, and I know this thing is really not worth it money wise, but I'm considering it an education and educations aren't cheap!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X