Changing clock frequency in small steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing clock frequency in small steps

When I was trying to run an Eee PC (P701 motherboard) with SetFSB, it crashes when I try to increase the clock rate so the CPU runs at its rated 900 MHz (it was originally underclocked at 630 MHz). Trying eeectl works, since it increases the clock frequency in small steps for a few seconds until it has reached the rated CPU frequency of 900 MHz (this behaviour was observed in CPU-Z).
    Do you know of any other overclocking tools which increase or decrease the clock rate in small steps for a few seconds until the desired frequency is reached (so the system does not crash)?
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Changing clock frequency in small steps

Rightmark CPUClock.
    http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml

very handy. total profile control (latencies, FID and VID settings etc.). like in-depth control over SpeedStep/CnQ.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

was the vcore/vtt reduced too?
      it is possible they may have been to further reduce heat and power consumption.depending on the particular cpu you may have to reset them too.

Comment

resolder a higher hz crystal? :P
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

As far as I know, Vcore cannot be changed, since the ISL6218 regulator is programmed by the CPU Vcore VID pins (cannot be changed on the CPU), and they go to test points as well.
          My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
          X