42lg3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42lg3000

Hi people,i acquired a 42lg3000 that has a temperamental fault,i was told that it sometimes come on no problem,sometimes wont fire up the backlight.i got the tv home,tried to turn it on,only got the flashing red led,then turned to blue but no backlight.i opened tv,done some quick tests found that the inverters wernt getting the 24v? done some probing on the main board for vlts when i turned tv on again,24v came to backligh-light on no problem,so i thought it must have been a bad cabled running from the main board,turned it off and on a few times,all seemed well.thought i was in luck,just a bad connection from the wire i fixed with the probe from the multi meter.put back back on tv,pressed on-red led flases till blue light but no backlight!doesnt seem to be sound connected via hdmi,opened tv up tv done some tests,no 24v to inverter?i unplugged one inverter,turned on ob no backlight but i caould hear the sound?
    plugged the inverter wires back in.tv came on with all working.off and on a few time tv would flash till blue light-no back light or sound.
    would a faulty inverter cause the tv to turn on but with no sound from the hdmi input?
    its a hit or a miss if it comes on,but when its on,it runs fine,no problems.
    where do i start?all caps look ok, any heads up to where to begin?
    thanks for reading

Re: 42lg3000

I'm really not trying to be a jerk. I swear. Your post is entirely too hard to read. Unfortuately, I can't help with your particular problem, but if you were to take a little time to add capital letters, and spaces where needed, I'm sure you would get more help.

Comment

forgot to mention,got a bit of a buzz from tv,so i turned the backlight down from 100 to 70,no longer get the buzz,well a small bit when tv first comes on as i think it starts with full backlight for a sec then ajusts to 70?

Comment

Does it sound like the buzz is coming from one of the boards or from inside the panel? If the panel, it could be a bad connection between the inverter and a bulb.

Comment

Sorry johnboy lol.I got lost typing away!I must try harder next time!

Comment

Like I said, I'm not trying to beat you up, it's just hard to read when the words are all jumbled together. Some folks might not even try to read it if they have to put too much effort into it.

Comment

Would that cause the loss of the 24v? Its quite hard to hear where it was coming from, i was thinking maybe a bad transformer on the inverter, or maybe the main board was not giving the signal to turn on the inverters? like i say, when its on it works great, its just hit or miss if it does!

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                Like I said, I'm not trying to beat you up, it's just hard to read when the words are all jumbled together. Some folks might not even try to read it if they have to put too much effort into it.
                I know, sorry i had the head down hammering away at the keyboard loi

Comment

Working...
                X