Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 50pg20-ua

Hi,

So I am working on this tv , I'm pretty new at this stuff. The picture turned off and all I can hear is sound. So I figured it would be the ysus. I checked all the caps and they look pretty good.

I disconnected the wiring to the logic board and then re connected them again. The tv magically worked again... For about and hour and now I am back at square one again. Would I be safe in thinking that it's the logic board that is causing the issue since I got a picture for a short point of time?

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks guys!

Re: Lg 50pg20-ua

I have attached some photos to look at.. i just find it so odd that it worked again for about an hour..
    Attached Files

Comment

OK - on this board: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1386118640

Top most connector with silver shielding: unplug
      Two small copper holes, just to the bottom right of the "LG" branded processor chip, marked "EXT AUTO GEN", please place a wire jumper across them.

Then turn the TV on. Do you get a sequence of test patterns?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Do you mean these two?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Nothing happened when I did the jump... Any ideas?
            Last edited by hogan029; 12-03-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Check the VS voltage from the power supply. It's on the connectors going to the two large left hand and right hand boards. You need a digital meter. Expect in the range of 200 V.

Comment

Hey there,
                I got 429.. so that would be .. 214ish Volts think there may be some issue here. It was the same on both VS pins.
                Last edited by hogan029; 12-04-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Make sure your meter is on DC volts, not AC.

Comment

Working...
                  X