Samsung LN46C630K1FXZA t-con repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46C630K1FXZA t-con repair

I need help finding a replacement part for this damaged board. Part melted and I cannot read it.
    part id starts with, 25 then one or two letters/numbers, and ends in 9.
    The 3rd space might be an "A or 4" and fourth space might be a 1. *=unknown number/letter
    (25*9 or 25**9)

pic 1 is of board
    pic 2 is close up
    pic 3 and 4 are very close up if you want to try and read the part.

tv model: LN46C630K1FXZA
    panel #: T460HW03VL

T-con part #: 5546T03C48
    T-con board #: 31T09-COK T315HW04v3
    BN81-04414A also came up as a part/item number when searching online
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ryan74; 11-26-2013, 09:28 PM.

Re: Samsung LN46C630K1FXZA t-con repair

Will let you know in next 24 hours

Comment

Powers on ok with audible startup chime but there is no display at all. No pic, menu, vol, or channel displays. Backlight stays on with just a black screen.
      I suspected t-con and did a visual inspection and found part described above.
      The board may have shorted from a liquid. There was a black sticky spot across 12pins on the t-con ribbon connector going to right side buffer board. It cleaned up ok.
      I am worried there will be more wrong with this board but it is worth a few bucks to try and fix.
      I might need info on the capacitor(loc.C213?) if you think it should be replaced.

Thanks

Comment

I think I have the correct markings with help from ebay seller.
        It should be 25943

Comment

Definitely not 29543 printed on that part... that end one is definitely a 9.

Sorry didnt get back to you, had a busy few days

Comment

it's ok. Everyone gets busy.
            Your right. Ebay seller is wrong. Probly trying to get me to buy his board lol.

The more I look at pic 3 it looks like 25419 or 25A19, but still not sure. If this is the right number I cannot find the datasheet for a replacement part.
            Last edited by ryan74; 11-30-2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Trace each of the pins. Does one lead to VGH or VGL (maybe called VON/TFT_ON or VOFF/TFT_OFF.)
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                Trace each of the pins. Does one lead to VGH or VGL (maybe called VON/TFT_ON or VOFF/TFT_OFF.)
                I traced back to VGL and AVDD. I could not tell if it lead back to VGH(did not seem like it).
                Also, the guy selling a working board on ebay has now confirmed the part I need is marked either 25419 or 2S419. I am almost sure it is 25419.
                I cannot find datasheet or a part that seems to match online.

Comment

25419 that's what I have and I have same tv I checked it for you

Comment

I just need to find a part that will work as a replacement or a datasheet. If anyone knows please link it.

quote: 25419 that's what I have and I have same tv I checked it for you
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by ryan74; 11-30-2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

The board reference of 'Q' indicates its a Transistor so maybe the number is 2SC summit or other maybe....?
                      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by wreksta View Post
                        25419 that's what I have and I have same tv I checked it for you

Comment

Sevice Manual No Schematic but does show parts and some pinouts

Comment

I cant find any more about replacing this part so unless someone can help with finding a replacement I will have to buy a whole board. I will wait a few days and see if anyone here can help more.
                            thanks

Comment

It will either be an NPN or PNP transistor. Unlikely to be NMOS/PMOS as they are reasonably more expensive than NPN/PNP. Likely, the exact part will not matter, it's not an amplifier.

First try identifying the collector, generally the input or output. The collector is usually the middle lone pin, though this is not always the case.

The base is usually driven with a resistor in series.

PNP/NPN can be determined by whether the base-emitter is driven positive or negative.

It does require some circuit analysis to get it right. Drawing out the circuit by making guesses can narrow it down significantly.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                It will either be an NPN or PNP transistor. Unlikely to be NMOS/PMOS as they are reasonably more expensive than NPN/PNP. Likely, the exact part will not matter, it's not an amplifier.

First try identifying the collector, generally the input or output. The collector is usually the middle lone pin, though this is not always the case.

The base is usually driven with a resistor in series.

PNP/NPN can be determined by whether the base-emitter is driven positive or negative.

It does require some circuit analysis to get it right. Drawing out the circuit by making guesses can narrow it down significantly.
                                I traced out the circuit the best I could
                                In the pic the trace goes under a 28pin IC. I assumed it went straight across.
                                The pdf file is data on the IC/power module.
                                It looks to me like the base is the single lone pin(red trace) but I cannot determine the others.
                                Hope it helps.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ryan74; 11-30-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

This board is available at shopjjimy.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-40t0...-con-board.htm

Comment

Originally posted by hienton2 View Post
                                    This board is available at shopjjimy.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-40t0...-con-board.htm
                                    That is not my board. part # is listed in post 1
                                    This is my board but I am trying to repair it first.
                                    http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-46t0...-con-board.htm
                                    Last edited by ryan74; 12-01-2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I gave up on this tv after further inspection I found a damaged buffer board.
                                      Corrosion and a burnt spot I could not see until removing outer frame of panel.
                                      Good thing I checked before installing T-con.
                                      I think I will make a habit of checking buffers from now on if I notice ANY sign of damage from liquid. This tv looked like the t-con was the only affected area but I was wrong.
                                      Thanks for the help

Comment

I suppose it's possible liquid damage on the panel drivers/buffers could damage the t-con. I'm guessing another TV with tabs at bottom of the panel?

Comment

Working...
                                        X