Samsung un65f6400afxza nothing but vertical bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un65f6400afxza nothing but vertical bars

Picked this one up for free. The guy said it had a bad motherboard that would cost $3,000. Took it anyways hoping he didn't know what he was talking about. Would love to use it since our TV recently died (another post for another time).
    When a device is plugged into HDMI 1 the whole screen gets bright with various colored vertical bars across the entire screen. No image shown beneath or on top of bars. When no device is plugged in screen is black except for a 1 foot wide vertical bar center screen. I don't have the remote and when I press the joystick control on the rear bottom right side nothing noticeable happens. Also not getting any sound. If there's a power light that flashes a code I'm not seeing that anywhere on the set. Hopefully the picture posted and helps one of you help me. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Agentnr; 01-23-2017, 07:02 PM. Reason: (Sp)

Re: Samsung un65f6400afxza nothing but vertical bars

the lines could possibly be bad panel or bad tcon/cables, or a hundred other things, open the back up take some pics and post them
    reseat all tcon cables, unplug the left side of tcon and turn tv on, do same with right side to see if screen corrects itself might even be the mainboard cpu

im learning here just like you so im sure someone will be able to better answer your questions, but in the meantime investigate tcon
    Last edited by odgaf; 01-23-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by odgaf View Post
      the lines could possibly be bad panel or bad tcon/cables, or a hundred other things, open the back up take some pics and post them
      reseat all tcon cables, unplug the left side of tcon and turn tv on, do same with right side to see if screen corrects itself might even be the mainboard cpu

im learning here just like you so im sure someone will be able to better answer your questions, but in the meantime investigate tcon
      Odgaf, Thank you for the suggestions. Not sure what the main board CPU looks like or where it's located. All of the boards seem fine. Everything is seated correctly. Adjusting the ribbons doesn't fix the problem. Unhooking the t-con ribbon causes the whole screen to go blue in color. I took more detailed pictures (perhaps too many).
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you do as instructed ? Remove ONE ribbon from the bottom of the tcon at a time and power the set to report what each pic looks like.

Comment

Working...
        X