Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS VW247H 2 horizontal lines

Hi all,

I was searching for this problem but I couldn't find it for sure what it is. Its about ASUS Monitor VW247H from Oct 2011

As you can see on the pictures there are 2 horizontal lines that are gray at beginning (when I turn monitor on) and then those lines change color (every pixel of those lines have different color) and it depends on background color.

What they are doing is slowly changing color but cant make it as a background.

Need to say that I am sure for 1 thing and that is problem with monitor because I use it as external on laptop and it is also showing those lines if he is connected on laptop or not.
    Attached Files

Re: ASUS VW247H 2 horizontal lines

looks likely a panel fault .. or hopefully a corroded connection on a cable

Comment

Could you specify cable that could make a problem?

Comment

the ones to and from the screen panel

Comment

When you hit the left o right side near the lines changes anything? Seems like a bad multiplexer or connection between it and the panel, but not repairable. Anyway there's a little chance there's some bad caps on power board, you need to supply an external voltage (usually 12v) to the panel to test it.

Comment

Dear Sir

check Cable And Mother Board Vga Chip

fist Ex Moniter After Check Borad

Comment

"it is also showing those lines if he is connected on laptop or not."
              remain to understand what do you see if the monitor is disconnected from pc, 'cause as usual them goes to st.by.

Comment

Tried to push(hit) it from both sides and also tried to softly press pixels but nothing happens(the lines are still there).

Picture 2 and 3 are showing monitor start up if he is connected to pc or not. So if I only connect monitor to power plug it goes ASUS with black background (picture 3,lines are white-gray),then monitor changes background color to blue (picture 2,and also show message "no signal" lines are black and then it goes on st.by.

Going to try to check and clean cables, and to try with external power supply to see if anything happens.

Forgot to mention that I have hdmi,vga and dvi tried all of them and lines are still there.

Will post what happened.

Comment

Nothing happens, same problem is still there.

I am not able now but in few days I will be, ill try electronics from this monitor on another one and vice versa. Then I will be sure if problem is with electronic or panel.

Will keep you updated.

Comment

As I said, I have tried another power board and motherboard but problem is still there. So I can now say for sure that power and mother board are good and working but I cant say for sure if problem is in bad panel or driver board. If someone could tell me more about this and can it be problem in driver board? Driver board is connected with motherboard with lvds cable and with panel with I think 5 flat cables.

Comment

I, did you find a solution?

I have a similar problem (I think)
                      My Dell U2414H (TFT Led backlight IPS)has parallel Hz black lines (attached pictures) these lines are there even in standby mode.
                      the staggered (non black) pixels do work properly.

I opened the monitor, and test the capacitors of the main board and power board
                      (all cheap chinese brands of course -Not what I would expect in an expensive monitor-)
                      and found that more than half of them must be leaking ( I got capacitance values more than double the stated capacitance. I didnt remove them from the board) and one of them was 20% less.
                      None of them look visially bad.

Ive ordered new capacitors, but I suspect that it will not solve the problem.
                      Ive checked the LCD panel - main board connection , and it seems fine. I suspect the this problem with the capacitors may have damaged the components in the LCD board responsible for those pixels.

Would you agree?
                      It would be nice if I could remove and reweld those damaged components, but i suspect it wont be possible (I think these are tiny.

Thoughts?

by the way, Im just interested in electronics, not an expert at all (as Im sure you guys would have notice). I like to repair my own stuff (unfortunately i end up spending more money between tools and materials that Id have pay for a new one

please feel free to correct me or advise me please
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for late answer, but i cant help you because i didnt find any solution for this problem. Maybe someone will come with solution or maybe you fixed your monitor?

Comment

I just need to add that today those horizontal lines are only white and they don't change colors like they used too do. Its weird.

Comment

Working...
                          X