Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debugging Asus VW222U

Hello,

I'm having a very distracting issue with my Asus VW222U monitor from October 2008. From one moment to the other, there is what appears to be 2 rows of pixels stuck in full white. These rows are now visible permanently. This is independent of the background or surrounding pixels, and is not related to the display cable as it appears with no input as well.

I have tried to disassemble the monitor construction in hopes of locating a LVDS connector I could try to reconnect, but all the connections from the control board to the display matrix seem to be soldered. I have attached images of the connection and the fault during power up of the monitor ( While it may appears as smeared, it is just my hands shaking the camera while taking the image).

I have already ordered a new monitor, but I would like to see if I can learn something about salvaging flatpanels with the old one. The following may just be me rambling: I guess that one or more of the row connectors is no longer connected, however I can't figure out how the row connectors are connected to the control board, as all the connectors goes to the top of the monitor to connect to the columns. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can locate the faulty component, or references where I can learn more about modern(ish) flatpanel construction as help to further debugging?
    Attached Files

Re: Debugging Asus VW222U

Vant tell much from the pictures though looks like a "ding" on the tab connector
    left of picture - maybe that.
    Lvds cables are not usually soldered - are you sure you found it. Goes from the main board to the panel or to a tcon board
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to take some additional images to better show the complete picture. Apart from the PSU board, with audio amplifier, this is the only board in the construction as far as I can see. The connectors along the bottom wrap around the edge of the board and connects directly to the panel. They do not appear to be disconnectable.

The only plugs in the construction so far is 4 power connectors for the backlight to the PSU board, 1 connector from the VGA and DVI inputs to the board in the picture (Leftmost connector), 1 connector from the PSU board to the board in the picture (Rightmost connector), and a connector from the front panel controls to the PSU board.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
        Maybe this post is out of date but I just wanted to know because i have same problem with 2 horizontal lines that start in white color and the slowly change color but I think that some subpixels are stuck. Just wanted to know if you solved your problem and how? Btw, I have ASUS VW247H.
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X