camera advice needed for rookie mistake, blown fuse on mainboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camera advice needed for rookie mistake, blown fuse on mainboard

hey wassup people, i bought some cheap cameras, the first a sony hx-300 with a known lens error, i purchased a new lens from china for 60 dollars and installed it and tested it while disassembled, it was working, however i left the battery in while i assembled it and now it wont turn on, i stripped it down and found a blown fuse on the mainboard, its the tiniest fuse and i removed it with hot air, i then tried to bridge the pads but they are so tiny i couldnt do it, the sony part for this fuse is 1-576-612-31 and ive had trouble finding it, i got the service manual its a 32v 1amp fuse but im having difficulty in finding the package size
    ive ordered 32v 1amp 0403 package fuses off ebay and im waiting for them to come but at this point im gambling on the package size
    heres the pics of the mainboard and fuse location, im hoping someone can tell me ive ordered the right item size, i also think i may have bridged the 2 small capacitors near the fuse, i really need a microscope, its on the to get list
    anyway heres the pic of the mainboard ive highlighted the trouble areas but they are hard to see with naked eye, any advice or tips will be appreciated

i also have a nikon p600 which refuses to turn on, i bought new batteries, cleaned terminals and tried connecting to pc but its stone cold dead, i actually bought 2 with same problem but i destroyed the first one disassembling it, obviously could be a fuse or cable but anyone else have any knowledge of this camera as i dont want to destroy 2 of them, the sony camera is a breeze to pull apart but these nikons are a knightmare
    Attached Files

Re: camera advice needed for rookie mistake, blown fuse on mainboard

not sure what size the fuse is but give the board a really good clean with Isopropyl Alcohol and a old tooth brush etc so you can see if those parts are bridged now with solder.

Comment

Re: camera advice needed for rookie mistake, blown fuse on mainboard

yeh i got the alcohol just need to borrow me exes toothbrush i managed to get flux everywhere
      if the caps are bridged, whats the best way to unbridge them, they are smaller than the point on my soldering iron, would i just remove them with hot air tin the pads and put them back on with hot air ? or is it easier to order the new parts ?, in the meantime im going to check the block diagram on service manual to see if they are linked anyway
      Last edited by odgaf; 01-19-2017, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X