Anyone have a TX850W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a TX850W

I had one of these that had a shutting down issue, turns out the motherbord PCI-E main was overloading causing shutdowns. I took it back, got the new one and after some time, the two video cards would burn the atx pins over time, causing corrosion and eventually the same problem (corrosion causes vdrop and increase pull)

I replaced the connectors with clean ones, but I think I soldered the wrong wires. As they are three of the same color, but two of a different thickness. When I put it back in, turned it on, it fried the video card, which of course is on the PCI-e wires I soldered. I looked on google images and it didn't help. Does anyone have a TX850W. I has to be that model. the 950 and 750 are wired differently at the atx connector

and yes, on this PSU, two wires go to a single connector, but I think I made a mistake of which ones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Uranium-235; 05-08-2017, 08:30 AM.
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Re: Anyone have a TX850W

Just take a meter and measure what is what?

http://pinouts.ru/Power/atx_v2_pinout.shtml
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

they follow their own wire coloring system on this one

Comment

It happened once with me . The difference in thickness of a same color is critical . They are from different voltages .

Comment

Attached pictures of my TX650W PSU.
          It matches the ATX spec color scheme exactly.
          From your picture yours also does?

Your meter will not care about colors.
          Just power the PSU on by shorting the green wire to ground.
          Then check that all cables are in the proper spots.
          Normally:
          Black=Ground
          Orange=3.3v
          Red=5v
          Purple=5VSB
          Yellow=12v
          Blue=-12v
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-09-2017, 09:51 AM.
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

there are three yellow wires on the 850, two connect together. Sorry, doesn't help

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
              there are three yellow wires on the 850, two connect together. Sorry, doesn't help
              The thin one is for voltage feedback (sense wire).
              Does not matter where it goes, it just measures the voltage drop in the cable.

Some new pictures attached.
              Source: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/...850w_atx_psu/3
              Small one source is eBay but auction ended and picture gone.
              Attached Files

Comment

Do these help?

Attached Files

Comment

Pdavid thank you! The two yellow wires with the green stripe are exactly the same. Guage and everything. I finally got around to switching them. I think the yellow is the sense wire and those yellow/green wires are voltage.

I hooked it to a board with no video card. Of course even when my gtx285 burned, the motherboard was spared. No smoke on this try. Put a cheap radeon x600 in there (with only one DMS-59 and I have no adapter). It's a sacrificial card. But no smoke and the lights on the keyboard blinked once (successful post) . So I put a cheap 8600 and verified it booted.

May my original $699 gtx 285 sc rip (bought in '08)

Comment

I just got a TX850M (the modular cable version) for my socket 1366 rig.
                    Took a while to do custom wiring to hook up the Alienware Area 51 case.

With the build quality looking good, definitely better than a CX, I got a TX, in case the Antec High Current Pro 1200W PSU takes a shit...

(sagging voltage with the Antec High Current Pro 1200W PSU, even in a review, IIRC!)
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 05-14-2018, 09:23 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                    X