Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 update could evolve into malware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 update could evolve into malware?

Originally posted by diif View Post
    There is no precedent. They issued a global recall with a full refund. For those ignorant or stupid they pushed out the update. Ensuring safety for others. I call bs on your aftermarket battery. If Samsung couldnt sort it twice I doubt anyone is making them that slim.
    I don't want their concept of safety. Today, the pretext for their actions would be safety, tomorrow they would install spyware on your device, so they check that you are not terrorist, again for your safety. The they after it they would disable your device, because it's rooted. They after this they would disable your device, because it's "too old and insecure - and it doesn't meed the recent security standards", day after this they would disable your device, because it's white and not black.
    This is a precedent - to decide instead of the lawful owner of the property.
    Tomorrow I may decide for you that it's dangerous for you to live in USA, and will relocate you in Zimbabwe...
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

And what's the damage on your end?!

You get a FULL refund!
      So no damage done on your end. You just have to change the phone to something else - and save your data.

I really don't understand what you're posting here...
      Seems like you also don't care about the person right next to you...
      And if someone gets injured because you are too lazy to get a replacement...

How the lawsuit would end would be the most interesting thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
        And what's the damage on your end?! You get a FULL refund!
        ...I really don't understand what you're posting here...
        But I don't want full refund. I don't want them to mess with my device.
        It's not the situation that matters, it's the principle.
        Today they disable your device with seemingly reasonable pretext. But this opens the door for malicious activities tomorrow.
        And the greed has no end.
        You don't understand what I am posting here? I explained more than once.
        I asked you...If I've replaced the battery, THEN why should I allow them to disable my device?
        About the refund - these are extremely expensive devices..They say that the devices are high end. And they make them intentionally with low quality parts. They deserve to be sued until the moment they go bankrupt. They lied their customers...
        Last edited by televizora; 05-02-2017, 04:01 AM.
        Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
        1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Originally posted by televizora View Post
          But I don't want full refund. I don't want them to mess with my device.
          It's not the situation that matters, it's the principle.
          Today they disable your device with seemingly reasonable pretext. But this opens the door for malicious activities tomorrow.
          And the greed has no end.
          You don't understand what I am posting here? I explained more than once.
          I asked you...If I've replaced the battery, THEN why should I allow them to disable my device?
          About the refund - these are extremely expensive devices..They say that the devices are high end. And they make them intentionally with low quality parts. They deserve to be sued until the moment they go bankrupt. They lied their customers...
          Its exactly this attitude that forced them to brick those devices not returned.
          It's not the first update pushed out and won't be the last.
          Where is the link between this and malicious activities. I fail to see one.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            Where is the link between this and malicious activities. I fail to see one.
            If they did it once, then they can do it again, basing on whatever reason they think fits the situation. Tomorrow they may disable your device, because it's rooted and by this way it's unprotected....or..choose a reason... People are very good at finding a pretext for something to be done...They will think it thru..
            The real problem is that they have to pay the owners of this devices for the inconvenience to go to the store and replace them. For example, you buy for 300$, they give you another 300$ to go to the store and give them the defective device.
            Refund is not when you return the money. Because they intentionally integrated bad, malfunctioning, cheap parts because they wanted to save money from the components inside. And you buy expensive, low quality device. They deserve to be hung on the streets for their greed, if you ask me. It's absolutely intolerable such a big brand to make mistakes in such a vast scale - it's deliberate. They only didn't know that the batteries would fail in warranty period. They hoped that they will fail outside the warranty period and by this way forcing the customers to buy the new phone. This is called programmed obsolescence. They are bastards.
            And I stand by the principle. I am a man of principles.
            Last edited by televizora; 05-02-2017, 04:53 AM.

Comment

samsung have lots of dangerous stuff!

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/05...amsung-May-Day

Comment

I would take a Samsung any day over an iPhone! My Galaxy S5 rox!

I heard that Apple is plotting to include a newfangled DRM (digital restrictions management) in a future iPhone, so photophobes can remotely disable the camera! I don't like that idea, because then someone who don't like you can camerajack you!

Reportedly, Apple has a patent for the newfangled DRM...
                Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 05-07-2017, 11:24 PM.
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

you can do that anyway with an infrared strobe light or scanning laser.
                  i did see that pattent though!

Comment

Most reasonable people think the move by Samsung is justified. Come back and post when they brick a phone because of its colour or age etc etc...

Comment

^ See you in a year!
                      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                      X