Ecs g31t-m rev:1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecs g31t-m rev:1.0

Hello guys iam new to this forum! It is nice to know people are not throwing away their staff and trying to repair it as i do!
    My problem is with a mobo ECS G31T-M has got a q6600 cpu on it!
    The problem is when i turn the psu switch on the mobo starts automatically working without pressing the power switch, no display!
    I changed the psu and ram without any difference in operation!
    I have tryed to repair it changing all 1000uf 6.3v caps but nothing, no cap seems to have a problem.
    Iam working with the mobo out of the box!
    Is there anything i can do to save this mobo? (Sorry for my bad english)

Re: Ecs g31t-m rev:1.0

Perhaps BIOS setting under section Power Management Setup ?

Check PWRON After PWR-Fail - may not be set to Power Off
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Thanks for the feedback but the motherboard doesn't post, no display or something! i can't get to bios. Only the cpu fan is spining
      Last edited by johnis82; 06-15-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Yeap, i got to agree with u, C2Q are still very capable for today standard, even core 2s are still very capable (at least for my own usage).

Do u heard any beep when u turn on your motherboard with no RAM insert ?

Comment

Which RAM are you using - is it DDR2-667 or DDR2-800 ?

Are CPU and RAM proven to work in other motherboards ?

Try clearing CMOS - follow procedure in ECS manual to use CLR_CMOS jumper

If no success, try removing RAM then powering on, to see if it beeps for memory not detected
          better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Thanks guys for the responce i have done that! I have both ddr2-800 Good Ram pc2-6400 and ddr-667 Mushkin and kingston.
            The board was working with one Kingstone kvr667d2n5 1gb and one mushkin 667 2gb for some years without problems!
            There isn't any beep on system power on with or without ram on it (speaker connected on the board) and CMOS is cleared!
            The think i don't understand is (like i said before) why the mobo powers up without pressing the power button or shorting the pins! Is like when you plug any PSU on it powers on without any other action. I have many RAM's in my drawer are working properly
            Last edited by johnis82; 06-16-2016, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Power up without pressing button is clue perhaps CMOS is lost, resulting in default setting

Have you tried a new CMOS battery ?

Especially seeing it's been "working for some years without problems"

I was recently about to scrap an IPIBL-LB board (G33 chipset, similar to yours) which seemed to be dead

Tried a fresh CR2032, and it worked

Comment

The battery is 3,07volt but i changed it with a new one as you point, still nothing! Could that be a bad bios IC? And if so where can i get one?

Comment

Originally posted by johnis82 View Post
                  Could that be a bad bios IC?
                  Maybe, or existing one got corrupted

ECS manual shows SPI_ROM header, including pinout

So you could possibly reflash in situ, by following SPI reflash #1 and SPI reflash #2

Originally posted by johnis82 View Post
                  And if so where can i get one?
                  IC itself probably looks like: C7Q67 BIOS chip

Comment

wow didn't know i can reflash the bios! Thanks a lot Can you give me more info to this it is a bit coplex to me!

Do i need to remove the bios IC from the board and reprogram it?

Can you explain the procedure cause i didn't understand from the site you post!

Comment

pfrcom Thank you very much i did perform a successful bios reflash! But the problem still exists do you think is a north bridge fault or can you point something else that can cause this kind of problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X