So far switched GPU same issue.
    Switched Ram Same issue.

Hard locks are random.
    System configuration is.
    MB. Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 V3.0
    CPU. AMD FX-9590
    RAM. two of KINGSTON KHX1600C9D3/8GX
    PSU. corsair AX1200I

Setting cpu at lowest possible speed helps a lot but still Causes render corruption.
    In this example dragging notepad over firefox.
    Does not affect all programs from what i have noticed but is a symptom I Think.
    here is a example of corruption.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joshnz; 05-13-2017, 08:32 PM.
    My pc
    CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
    MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
    RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
    PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
    GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Re: hard locks grapics corruption CPU,RAM,Other

buggy drivers, or a psu issue are the next suspects.

Comment

Sometimes if you switch GPU's the system way have several drivers installed and in older versions of Windows this could cause allot of problems.
      I used to use a software called "Driver Cleaner .NET" (paid for software).
      It was good for this but of course nowdays if you Google for it it's been replaced by something which will probably do more harm than good... (so don't download it).
      But the question still stands: what OS do you have this problem on and have you tried a clean install?
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Joshnz, i had a similar problem with a pc some months back, customer reported that any time he tried a Render in SolidWorks or tried a screen refresh the pc would crash on a corrupted screen, initially suspected SolidWorks but eliminated that as it still happened on Screen refresh, i carried out a full service on the PC including Driver updates all to no avail, tried changing Ram & Graphics Adapter with no luck, the unlikely culprit turned out to be the PSU, changing this resolved the problem completely, inspection of the original PSU showed a large amount of bulging Caps, bin job as it was old and only rated at 350W, also 'ACE' brand which is the cheapest of the cheap, replacement was an 'Enlight' rated at 750W. its a slightly different issue to what you're having but i wouldn't discount the PSU, worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
          Sometimes if you switch GPU's the system way have several drivers installed and in older versions of Windows this could cause allot of problems.
          I used to use a software called "Driver Cleaner .NET" (paid for software).
          It was good for this but of course nowdays if you Google for it it's been replaced by something which will probably do more harm than good... (so don't download it).
          But the question still stands: what OS do you have this problem on and have you tried a clean install?
          Only one gpu the systems whole life until I swapped gpu with mine to see if problem of windows frame buffer issue changed.

But I was 99% sure GPU was not the cause of that corruption as it is in screen shots meaning the bad data is in ram but had to try.

I am running the beast gpu in my system for now to see if I get a hard lock.

Ii am thinking firefox issue for the corruption issue will have to ask my friend if these fragments of other apps get stuck on the wallpaper.

system is running Windows 7 x64.
          it is a multiboot i'll get him to try firefox in one of those systems and dragg notepad over it. that is how I got the example.
          My pc

Comment

Originally posted by Seagorman View Post
            Joshnz, i had a similar problem with a pc some months back, customer reported that any time he tried a Render in SolidWorks or tried a screen refresh the pc would crash on a corrupted screen, initially suspected SolidWorks but eliminated that as it still happened on Screen refresh, i carried out a full service on the PC including Driver updates all to no avail, tried changing Ram & Graphics Adapter with no luck, the unlikely culprit turned out to be the PSU, changing this resolved the problem completely, inspection of the original PSU showed a large amount of bulging Caps, bin job as it was old and only rated at 350W, also 'ACE' brand which is the cheapest of the cheap, replacement was an 'Enlight' rated at 750W. its a slightly different issue to what you're having but i wouldn't discount the PSU, worth checking out.
            His case is pita to work on.
            I'll try convince him to use the other 1200 watt psu that did not fit the case.
            but will have to run with side off he will not like that idea
            My pc

Comment

He just informed me system hard locked earlier so he can have his gpu back.
              guess PSU swap next.
              My pc

Comment

why does the other psu not fit?

Comment

Hi stj, some PSU's appear to be non standard size, i have an Acer PC here, 750W PSU is about half an inch too wide so does not fit into the available room in the case, i dont know if this is just bad design (i doubt it) or if there are cases that take this slightly larger size , possibly some Server cases ?????

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    why does the other psu not fit?
                    If i remember correctly it is because the cables are to bulky.

The psu is mounted east west and cant get the cables to turn sharp enough to confortably thet the side on.
                    My pc

Comment

Try another monitor. Had a similar issue and usually my monitor would go black but would scramble sometime. New monitor fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by junktv View Post
                        Try another monitor. Had a similar issue and usually my monitor would go black but would scramble sometime. New monitor fixed it.
                        Three monitors happens on all three and is captuered by print screen so it is what windows is sending.
                        My pc

Comment

If they are hooked up or active in CCC at the same time then one will kick them all. Try disabling or unhooking all but one at a time and test them. Was a hanns-g that was doing it for me. Now use it on another box running linux and it still goes black but hasn't crashed it.

Only other thing I can think of is hardware acceleration but doubt it.

Similar pc's also. I'm on 8350, asus m5a99fx r2, 8mb gskill 2400 and a 270x devil.
                          Last edited by junktv; 05-15-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X