Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCEPTRE X9G Naga V water around screen border

Hi,

This is my first post here. And I just replaced caps on my 2nd monitor (this SCEPTRE X9G). The 1st monitor went very well thanks to the great info I have learned from these forums!

The SCEPTRE monitor would not power on at all, so I took it apart and found 2 swollen 1000uf 16v caps. I replaced them both, and they were the only 2 of that same type on the board. The monitor powers on fine now with the new caps, but I must have messed something else up since there is this weird looking layered (like a topography map), cloudy or wet looking border all the way around the screen. Almost like a border you would add around a picture. Any ideas what would cause this?

I took several pictures of it, but none of them do justice. The best one is attached here.
    Attached Files

Re: SCEPTRE X9G Naga V water around screen border

Try cleaning and reseating all your connectors?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: SCEPTRE X9G Naga V water around screen border

Looks like the layers of the LCD are separating.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X