Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "capacitor modding" - literally

It's got some labrador in it...

In a strange coincidence, Pink Floyd is playing on the radio.

Comment

PCBONEZ, I'm surprised you didn't comment on this.. Is this the idiocy that we see it as, or is there something to this nutcase's "mods"?
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

It's BS. Just proof that some people have WAY too much time on their hands. Even if it did make any kind of difference, a few nice words on a webpage does NOT = scientific proof. Where are all the measurements?

We all know that audio is a very subjective experience, because the perceived sound depends not only on our playback equipment and psychology, but also on the physical construction of each one's ears and the activities the individual did before the listening session. To a large degree it also depends on what he's been smoking on...
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

My question is not "does it make a difference"... Shouldn't the capacitor FAIL outright because there is no more aluminum oxide for the electrolytic reaction?
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

That's got to be the most asinine thing I've seen in ages.

Current doesn't even go through the can or sleeve.........
            Couldn't affect the sound if it wanted to...

Though, when you heat the fuck out of it internally by removing it's heat-sink [the can] and applying insulation [wood and rice paper] it might sound better for a SHORT time because it's easier for trons to travel through materials at higher temps.
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Seems like someone will next time use earwax to seal those caps )

Comment

Perhaps he should use wooden screws to mount the PCBs.
                It's as relevant to the to the signal as the cap's can is.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                  Perhaps he should use wooden screws to mount the PCBs.
                  It's as relevant to the to the signal as the cap's can is.
                  maybe make the PCB from balsa while they are at it? soldering one of those may give the user some more "thinking fumes"
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                    My question is not "does it make a difference"... Shouldn't the capacitor FAIL outright because there is no more aluminum oxide for the electrolytic reaction?
                    They don't use the can for the process here is where the aluminum is used.
                    Attached Files
                    My pc
                    CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
                    MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
                    RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
                    PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
                    GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

I remember reading a site that was one of those wacked-out audiophool sites that I new was complete and utter BS, but I was amazed at how, when I read the articles, I got sucked in and wanted to keep reading even though I knew in the end it was just plain garbage. Anyway, the most bizarre one I've ever come across was one where they said they charge you some ridiculous price to call them, then they will have you put your phone in front of your speaker-system and they will send a tone or series of tones which will reprogram your stereo or tweak it so that it sounds better... Need I say more?
                      Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

You people can't tell the difference because you're not using superior cables made with conductive dielectric sheathing.

Really, I saw some $$$ cable advertised with that feature. Magician/debunker James Randi offered $1M to anybody who could prove that their expensive cables were superior to zip cord. StereoScam magazine said he was "swift boating" the cable industry.

Comment

This is so funny!

I would be willing to try out the 'mod' but I don't have any capacitor test equipment.
                          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

all that wood,wax,laquer,ect will burn real good when something fails!

Comment

Working...
                            X