Westinghouse LD-4655VX - My First LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse LD-4655VX - My First LED

I too need a new ribbon cable but can't find any for sale online. Does any one have any for sale or know where I can get one

Comment

Hello,

I am very new to all of this, but tried my hand at replacing the ribbon strip to the LED (it was clearly damaged/melted at the aluminum strip). While I successfully replaced the ribbon, I think I may have shorted the LED strip while doing so. I accidentally let the metal portion of my screwdriver (which I had covered the tip with electrical tape) hit the aluminum LED strip, there was a pop/flash and the TV went dead). Now, only the second half of the screen (the other LED strip) is lighting). Stupid/noob question, but is there any way to fix this without replacing the LED strip, or is it likely fried at this point? I would appreciate any insight.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
        Found`the problem, in the lower left hand corner of the panel is the other end of the ribbon cable, it was smashed into the metal frame and the ribbon leads are all messed up and touching each other. Must have been the spot where it landed, can't believe the panel is not broken.
        Hi. My tv had the same problem. I took it apart and found the bad ribbon cable. Now, in my excitement, I accidentally pulled the cords from the power strip (by the power button, channel up/down buttons, volume buttons, etc).
        I've put the cable back on but now cannot get tv to power up.

Help please? I'm not good at this stuff.
        A video to my email explaining what to do would be SO helpful.
        jollady822@gmail.com
        thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X