Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse LD-4655VX - My First LED

I was wondering myself about that.
    Maybe they don't want to take the whole screen out.

Comment

I think I have the same problem with the same model, but wanted to see if you could guys could clarify something for me. About 30% of the LED bar on the left side lights up and the rest is dark. Could that happen if its the cable? or is the cable issue an all or nothing (the whole LED is dark).

I have it apart right now and am going to try to expose a new end on the existing cable and try that, but not sure if it could be my LED that is not working instead.

Hope that makes sense...thanks.

Comment

Yes that can happen

Comment

I'm looking for a left side LED strip for the Westinghouse LD-4655VX. I don't see any on ebay right now, anyone have one that works?

Comment

Why are you replacing the strip instead of the cable? Are you sure the strip itself is bad?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yeah, the clip on the LED strip is shot. I don't think that's repairable is it?

Comment

Please, please, please, help! I found the same problem as described on this post and I did replace both ribbon cables on my tv. The problem is that the tv still doesn't display anything! I even ordered a new board and power supply and still nothing. I do get the red light indicating there's power when I try powering it on with the remote but still nothing displays on the darn thing. I try disconnecting one side and power on, nothing. Next side, power on, nothing. Seems everyone's have fixed theirs with just the cables. Mine's being stubborn. Anyone else with ideas? Thx in advance.

Comment

Do you see burn marks on the main board, where the panel LED connections go out?
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Not quite. Neither on mine nor the new board I ordered. Unless I'm missing something. Pls look at the pics, let me know. Thx for your reply.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

Fixed one of these last night. Had to relocate the left cable a couple times but it moves quite a bit under the panels so it wasn't that bad. I used diagonal pliers (dikes) to snip the cable clean and then attempted to use a dremel with the sanding bit on it, but kept cutting through the traces. I then put a wire brush end on the dremel and, at lowest speed, was able to carefully burnish off enough of the plastic to expose just the traces in the wire. I then reattached the blue header (that gives it the friction to hold into the fitting on the LED panel, and reinserted it. Voila, all lights work. I did manage to crack the led header wire holder, but I put a couple drops of superglue on it to hold it in place and after putting the whole thing back together, its still working great.

Comment

I'm also working on three of these model Westinghouse and all three have bad ribbons. I was wandering if there was a tool to buy to properly cut and strip this cable type. I will prefer not to buy 6 cable from Thailand and buy the tool if the price is right.

Comment

Are those Keurig K-Cups holding up the panel?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post

I'm pretty sure that's what the service manual calls for to support the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                                a-yep, guilty as charged.. lol.. They work and I have a ton of them.

Comment

I have just cut them and by hand I have sanded them down. Then, I relocate the ribbon cables, to reach the connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                                    I have just cut them and by hand I have sanded them down. Then, I relocate the ribbon cables, to reach the connectors.
                                    I will try that tonight, I was using a razor blade, trying not to cut the wire, but end up doing so. I have a dremel tool with the sanding wheel, I might go that route too.
                                    Last edited by ecking767; 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

You don't need a dremel. With a machine you don't "feel" what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                                        You don't need a dremel. With a machine you don't "feel" what is going on.
                                        you probably right, I will get some light sand paper today and give it a try.

Comment

...sand it from the ribbon, toward the cut area only. One way only.

Comment

Working...
                                          X