Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi ms-7327

Hello again.
    Another M/B issue by me:It only goes at initial BIOS screen saying press tab for this, del for that .. after that it freezes and accepts nothing..
    I guess it is a badcaps issue again?
    Learning from you I'm saying that all the Chemi-con should be replaced,right?
    Well should I replace some more?
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Msi ms-7327

Replace any Chemicon KZG and KZJ. Other Chemicon series are generally reliable.

Comment

Only one cap seems bulged, first picture, upper-right.
      But the northbridge's heatsink has some damage on it (third picture). This hit may also damage the chip.

Comment

ipman, all bad caps don't bloat.
        - Any series of OST and Chemicon KZG & KZJ series and Tayeh [on older boards] very often fail without bloating at all.
        There are a few others known to fail that way but they don't get used on mobos much.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

I can't tell what most of the caps are from those angles.
          Any:
          OST
          Chemicon KZG / KZJ
          Nichicon HM / HN with date codes from 2001-2004
          ... need to go.

The Panasonics should be okay. [T vents with bent top bar]
          The Rubycon should be okay. [K vent]

What are the black/gold & black/white with Y vents? - Can't see the make/series.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I did not tell him that the caps were fine, just that this bulged one is bad for sure.
            All need to be checked/replaced as you said.

Comment

I really don't think that any of them is bulged..But I'll replace the ones you told me anyway..
              Except from Chemicons can you show me (with shell's color I mean) what others need to be replaced?
              The chipset seems OK to me, the damage to the heatsink is minor.

Comment

I spot a 3300 microfarad/6.3V at the bottom rear of processor heatsink bulged. I may be wrong tough.
                And another one near RAM and a coil also bulged. Can't see the value on the last picture.

Comment

The 3300uf is a Rubycon (K type vent,right?) and seems OK.
                  The other one near the coil I guess you're talking about Chemicon which they will all be replaced..

Comment

Yes, 3300/6.3 seems to have a K-type vent. To me it looks bulged in the pictures. Can't see manufacturers names.

Comment

Originally posted by Joun View Post
                      Except from Chemicons can you show me (with shell's color I mean) what others need to be replaced?
                      I'm not psychic, you need to answer my questions before I can tell you that.
                      Your pics only show one side of the caps.
                      The info is on the other side for many of them.
                      Need to know what is written on the other side.
                      See pics.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PCBONEZ; 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      -

Comment

Third picture: far left is a Chemicon.. I really can find any logo on the others you have circled.. They are black with golden lettering, their value is 1000uF 16V they are KZJ type, and I see a 3G on them..
                        Forth picture: Next to chipset it is the same unknown brand as third picture, 1800uF 6.3V..
                        The smaller ones are Rubicons 16v 100uF ,they don't even have a vent.They are of a small value so they don't break,right?

Comment

I hope you meant Rubycon.
                          Rubicon is a fake Rubycon and they are complete junk.

Small ones do go bad but not very often. Those should be fine.
                          All the Rubycon and Panasonic should be fine.
                          [As long as that MBZ I circled isn't bloated, hard to tell in pic.]

KZJ is Chemicon and was already mentioned along with KZG.
                          They fail without bloating and should be replaced.

KZJ are very high grade and cross reference to:
                          Rubycon MCZ, Nichicon HN, Saxon GC.
                          [Nichicon HZ or Samxon GA would be a workable upgrade but probably more $$.]
                          - Any of those in Vcore could be safely upgraded to solid polymer with a bit of checking.

KZG are one grade lower than KZJ and cross reference to:
                          Rubycon MBZ, Panasonic FJ, Nichicon HM, Sanyo/Suncon WG, and Samxon GD.

Unless something got missed all I see that need replaced are the KZG and KZJ.
                          Very good chance that's all that's wrong with the board.

-

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          -

Comment

Also note:
                            KZJ with no Chemicon logo might be fakes.

-

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            -

Comment

Thank you, I will check your info first thing in the morning..
                              Yes I meant Rubycon..
                              Last edited by Joun; 07-26-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                                KZJ with no Chemicon logo might be fakes.
                                For KZJ there's a good chance counterfeits would be superior to the original.
                                sig files are for morons

Comment

Originally posted by severach View Post
                                  for kzj there's a good chance counterfeits would be superior to the original.
                                  qft
                                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Some more pictures to identify the unknown brand..
                                    Edit: What's wrong with the way I upload pictures? Size of them is 3-3.2 MB but system rejects them.When I compress them with Irfanview they are like 250 KB and of really bad quality..
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Joun; 07-27-2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I still only see KZG and KZJ in so far as what should be replaced.

The KZJ have the Chemicon shield logo. That's the brand trademark.
                                      Chemicon doesn't write out their name, they put the trademark.

[If you ever see the same shield with a dot in the center that's an old Sam Young logo. They have since been sued by Chemicon and now use a different logo.]

There are a few small brown KMG or KME or something about that look like KZG.
                                      The brown ones that don't say KZG are fine.

Make a list of all the KZJ and KZG and start shoppin'.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

Thank you Pcbonez, I will..
                                        Last edited by Joun; 07-27-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X