Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer X243W Goes Dark after Showing Acer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer X243W Goes Dark after Showing Acer.

I am new to the forums and have an issue with my 24in acer. I have replaced all but one cap on the power board. Only reason I didn't do that was that it wasn't locally available and currently showing no signs of bubbling. I will order a replacement for it. Even though I don't believe its the fault of my problem I replaced it as I had it open and caps are cheap to replace.
    I believe my problem may lie in the the inverter or CCFLs. I was reading in another post about being able to use a resistor take the place of a CCFL so that I could test each one. I have never don't anything like that before so I need to know what type and size of resistor to use, a walkthru if you will.
    And where and how to connect it.

Also screen still shows hit of getting signal when shining a flashlight sideways accross the screen area.

Re: Acer X243W Goes Dark after Showing Acer.

If you can see an image with a flashlight, then your PSU is probably fine. I would start troubleshooting the inverter board. Check fuses first. On older Acer models the 10 caps were common failures around the 3 year mark, as well as the FETs (see forum post for Acer AL2416 for more details).

Comment

Re: Acer X243W Goes Dark after Showing Acer.

This is the caps on the inverter board. They look fine to the eye and I checked the board visually to see if anything looked burnt but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if the quality of the pictures are not very good. I can get in closer but then I have to take more and more pictures to cover all of the board. Hope this is ok.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X