Viewsonic VX922 White screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic VX922 White screen

Hi! I'm a newbie in electronic. I cannot find the problem but i able to repair it! I have 4 VX922. my fourth monitor goes white when i turn it on. My power board is fsp035-1pi01. I don't know if the problem come from the power board or main board. I've made a short video clip on you tube showing you how my monitor works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=firzXDt4RbM

On the picture attached, viewsonic say that must check Q6 but i can't find it.

Sorry for my english i'm a french speaker, i hope you will able to understand me!

Thanks a lot!

Mathiews
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mathiews; 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM.

Re: Viewsonic VX922 White screen

Originally posted by Mathiews View Post
    Hi! I'm a newbie in electronic. I cannot find the problem but i able to repair it! I have 4 VX922. my fourth monitor goes white when i turn it on. My power board is fsp035-1pi01. I don't know if the problem come from the power board or main board. I've made a short video clip on you tube showing you how my monitor works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=firzXDt4RbM

Sorry for my english i'm a french speaker, i hope you will able to understand me!

Thanks a lot!

Mathiews
    This is a common problem on a newly repaired monitor. There are three possible causes.

1. The ribbon cable running from the signal card to the LCD panel is not connected properly.

2. On the back of the LCD panel itself is a board that usually runs the length of the panel. It may be under a plastic sheet, it may be under a metal cover. It is called the 'panel card' and contains the electronics to drive the individual pixels of the panel. Near the connector from the signal card you will find a fuse. It's tiny, a little larger than a grain of rice. That may be open.

3. The panel card contains a power supply that provides voltages to drive the various elements. Sometimes one of the capacitors fails.

Be very careful handling the panel card. It is permanently bonded to the flex strips. Any damage to them and the panel is destroyed.

A picture of the panel card would be a great help if you want further assistance.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply. I take some pictures of my boards. My power board are 2 capacitors with a round top. I hope my pictures will help you!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mathiews; 07-15-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

More pictures
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mathiews; 07-15-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Two obviously bad caps on the power board. Replace all three visible in the photo, and there should be a smaller one somewhere else on the board which should be replaced also. Maybe that's it peeking out behind the transformer.

The two large green caps on the signal board look like they could be a little bulged.

Comment

Originally posted by jsog View Post
            Two obviously bad caps on the power board. Replace all three visible in the photo, and there should be a smaller one somewhere else on the board which should be replaced also. Maybe that's it peeking out behind the transformer.

The two large green caps on the signal board look like they could be a little bulged.
            I agree. Replace the two bulged caps on the signal board, and the electrolytics on the power supply (with the possible exception of the large (100uF, 450 volt) one).

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

okay thanks for your help, i'll change these caps and i tell you the results!

Comment

Hi everyone i've changed my caps. It seem to be okay! Yesterday my green light flashed in sleep mode but my other monitor light was orange. Anyway, the problem seem to be resolved!

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
                X