X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

Google kept sending me to these forums, so I took the hint and joined. I'm an engineer by training, but my formal training has gone long past it's expiration date and I'm retired from the paid working world.

Hope to keep learning.

Comment

Hello all. I am new to the forum and look forward to participating. My name is Ron and I am a retiree who developed an interest in electronics at an early age but never pursued a technical career. After 40+ years in IT executive management, I decided to pursue my interest in electronics as a hobby. Now I work on computers and TVs for friends and relatives. I look forward to learning more, problem solving, and sharing. Thank you!

Comment

Hello to all,
        I am Spyros and sometimes I got some device to repair cause I am electrical engineer. But it´s very difficult to repair this devices like notebooks, flat TV or something else. Therefore I try to get some informations to be able to help some friends to repair there parts if I have some time to do this.

Comment

Hello hello.

Excited to get help from you guy.

Comment

Attempt number two.

Please work?

Comment

Greetings, Salutations, and Hi! I found several recommendations for this site as a resource for troubleshooting defective TV issues. I've been reading quite a few threads and would like to thank all of the regulars who volunteer their time making this board outstanding.

Comment

Hi everyone, new guys here more of a gear head well classic car guy but also enjoy the electronic toys as well. Recently had a TV go on the blink so Im giving it a shot to see if I can bring it back to life. I maybe asking questions hopefully not dumb but you wont hurt my feeling if you say it is silly.

Thanks, oh by the way the TV that died was a Dynex DX22LD120A11

Comment

Hi, I am retired electronic engineer and ran an electronic comms company for more than twenty years,mainly involved in the design, manufacture and repair of industrial and commercial two way radio systems,repairing down to component level.I`d like to get more involved in other branches of electronics.

Comment

Hi everyone , my name is timroberts . i have a very small amount of electronics experience . i worked with my dad at his t.v. shop back in the early 70's . Back then they were tube type .
                    He taught me how to use a meter and how to solder . also how to diagnose some common problems t.v.'s had back then . Todays t.v.'s are basically the same . the same types of systems , such as verticle and horizontal , color , brightness . however they go about getting there in a totally different way . such as transistors and i.c. chips .
                    I still dabble in electronics by fixing my own stuff if i can .
                    i have a couple of basic tools , such as a meter and a soldering pencil . that's about it .
                    as for my interests , I have 4 aquariums . i love fishes . i have angelfish and tetras and cory dora's and red fin sharks , bala sharks , koi , goldfish , just to name a few .
                    i have bred some marble angelfish and some platys .
                    the tanks are , 3- 55 gallon , a 10 and i use a 30 for a hospital tank .
                    so , that's about it for me . how is everyone ? good i hope and have a great day , timroberts p.s. thanks for the welcome , i'm glad to be aboard.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Shawn. I am here because I bought a Westinghouse LD-4655Vx with the idea that it was a temp and cheap so I could replace it after a couple years. Well, it's slowly dying so I figured I would look in the forums for my options. Oh, a long time ago I was an electronic tech in the Marines, so I hope I still remember what I am doing.

Comment

Hello everybody,

i've repaired some TVs and vintage samplers by replacing worn out caps.

Now I face some problems with a Laptop Power-Supply, that I can't fix myself.
                        I hope that I can find some help/information in this Forum.

Regards,

decsystem20

Comment

Hello Everyone, I am new here. I love to fix things and I am truly looking forward to everyone's help in diagnosing the problems that I can't figure out. Likewise, I am hopeful that I can share my knowledge.

Comment

Helloi Guys im New Here because my TV Wont go On (

Comment

Re: I am new to this site

Mee too tring to get some Post To create a thread

Comment

Re: hello for the members

Hi Im New to this forum I wish my problem is going to be fixed here

Comment

I wish That my Problem is going to be fixed here

Comment

Hello, my name is Aaron and I do a little hobbiest electronics stuff occasionally. Simple repairs of my own equipment, as well as very basic design and implementation for projects including some microcontroller stuff. Hoping to get some more experienced help when needed.

- Aaron

Comment

Hello all. I am new to the forum and I am a student.

I am really looking forward to help and be helped.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi everybody. I love to walk by the electronic recycle bin everyday to see what goodies are there. Got a Viewsonic 20" and ordering new caps and found this cool forum.

g

Comment

I just hate when expensive electronics stops working properly and I'd much rather fix it than throw it away. Glad to be part of Badcaps.

Comment

Working...
                                          X