Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg tv lightening strike

55LB652V Mainboard EBT62987206

I had a lightening strike on the above tv. The tv still comes on and responds - menus are all there and are crystal clear plus it connects to the internet .

Tv still connects via the scart etc.

The problem I'm getting is that if for instance I choose to watch top gear or any program via the antenna or internet I will get nothing but a flashing screen pinkish in colour that flashes and the sound is poor and crackles. (google page is fine)

Has anyone repaired one of theses? (I get a feeling that I have to replace the main board? Ive tried depressing the two tiny reset buttons but still no change.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thuss; 06-22-2017, 07:08 PM.

Re: lg tv lightening strike

You can remove cover off of tuner and see if any damage
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Have you tried a firmware update in the case of data corruption.

http://www.lg.com/de/support/service...kt/lg-55LB652V

In German but files are in English.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

The tuning module is shot- the tvs not tuning in the signal test isnt working - tried a software update but no joy- have to replace the main board

But thanks for the advice

Comment

Have you checked that you still have a supply voltage on the tuner pins. It's probably 3.3V
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I will check that- do I basically turn the main board round whilst using cardboard as a buffer and check the pins?

Comment

Sorry about late reply - I got my hands on a main board with the same eax number but with a different ebt number - surprisingly it worked, apart from the 3d option. It was cheaper at 20 pounds (apart from no 3d)

Comment

The mainboard is identical to the one I removed apart from no 3d.

Can I access the service menu and turn on the 3d and also tell the main board its now fitted to a 55lb652v panel?

How do I access the secret menu on the old lgs it was menu and menu or ok and ok.

Thanks in advance
                Last edited by thuss; 06-27-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

There is a lg service menu app for android phones saves buying a lg service remote not sure if it can turn 3d on and off though
                  Attached Files

Comment

thank you -do i unzip this and install this onto a android phone?iphones don t count
                    Last edited by thuss; 06-28-2017, 02:43 AM.

Comment

im not sure as havnt used it myself the app was posted in another lg tv thread by diah i think there are some videos on youtube regarding the app etc

Comment

just install app then create a remote.
                        pick tv,lg and tap the selection screen.pick lg service remote.save and name.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                          just install app then create a remote.
                          pick tv,lg and tap the selection screen.pick lg service remote.save and name.

Soz I havent done this before-basically onto my android phone I install the unzipped app (uploaded kindly by vinceroger69) into a remote folder(on the tv)?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                            There is a lg service menu app for android phones saves buying a lg service remote not sure if it can turn 3d on and off though
                            I double clicked the file and it downloads and the it gives me two folders serviceIR folder the beginning with smart.IR.Remote.Anymote.3.2.0.apk...
                            what do I do next?

( I assumed I would create a folder and download the file and extract the zipped file to the new folder)

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                            X