Strange Problem with LG 55 inch LED TV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Problem with LG 55 inch LED TV.

Hi guys. not been on in a while but think i need help with this one. I purchased an LG 55LA660V LED smart tv from someone 2-3 weeks ago and when they showed me it the LG logo on the front would go on and off very slowly and tv wouldnt turn on. now its been laying there for a few weeks and last night i put it up on the bench, unscrewed it all and plagged it in and it went on. it stayed on for several hours as i was playing console on it to test it and seemed to be working fine. switched it on this morning and again it went on but then i think it went in auto standby as i didnt touch remote or buttons for a while. but now its went back to not going on with LG logo going on/off very slowly. i done an update on the firmware last night through the smart function so cant be anything to do with updates etc. cannot find any info or problems with this set on google and was wondering if anyone has worked this model with same issue ?

Re: Strange Problem with LG 55 inch LED TV.

Probably Bga solder on the motherboard, try pressing on the motherboard and flexing it see if it affects the sets behaviour. Im not willing to help further till you update your other threads which you never replied to us if you fixed it or not.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

if i havnt mentioned in other threads mate its becuase i have either scrapped the set or have given it to my friend who repairs tvs. is it a particular thread your meaning ? will try that and let you know.

Comment

LG Logo Flashing slowly at start up as the Firmware booting up. so this fault at firmware. there are new update for firmware rolled out before round one week. check it and update it.

Comment

ok @ReeceyBurger123 i tried flexing and bending the board etc while it was trying to start up. got no change.

@Diah i had the tv on for a while the other night and updated it through the tvs menu but that hasnt solved the problem.

Comment

anyone any ideas ?

Comment

need to narrow our test to know why it dosnt go to finish the booting,

try to move some load on the main boards, mean disconnect wifi, and disconnect LVDS from main boards . and try to turn it on,

if you need the service manual i do have it. but not much there on it.

Comment

Tried removing everything apart from main and psu and still doesnt boot up. The only things i left connected where the button and led IR from mainboard. Could it be a fault with PSU possibly ?

Comment

Any ideas guys ?

Comment

Ok Guys just to update i was looking carefully at the mainboard and noticed it was a board for 47LA660V so i ordered it from ebay (1available) for £33 and recieved this morning. Got it in tv and its working spot on.

Comment

Working...
                    X