X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP cq61 not starting

Ok so is 28v correct?
    I can get the ISL6251 of ebay for £5,
    one problem I've got is I can't flash the bios, no matter what I do a usb stick is not accessed, I don't know if this is because I can't boot with just the adapter, I have to have the battery in, should I get the ISL6251 and give it a try?
    Thanks.

Comment

I can add the diagram if you like, there is a seller from holland who does pre flashed bios chips but if you cannot get to boot to bios then you will not be able to flash anything, unless you are absolutely sure the bios chip is causing the problem!!

Comment

I can get a bios chip from ebay, about £12, from what I could find out it should flash the bios from a usb stick, holding winkey+b, but I couldn't get the usb stick to be reconised.

Comment

if your bios cannot boot then you cannot flash something which technically isn't there, you need access to the bios system and chip to be able to program the flash chip and because the system does not start then you cannot do anything to flash the chip, only alternative is to buy the chip and fit it but i think its a waste of time and money until you find the true fault.

Comment

Yes you can m8, I've done a couple, both were acer's but I think most newer motherboards can be flashed, look up crisis bios recovery.
            Thanks.

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

Update: Replaced the ISL6251, also replaced the bios chip, still the same.
                With the battery it powers up but get 2 flashes from caplock led, same with battery and adapter, battery also charges, but with just adapter nothing.
                Thanks.

Comment

you ever tried clear cmos ?

Comment

Not sure how to, I shorted the bios battery connections when the battery was removed.
                    I've found 3 shorting points named G1, G2, G3, not sure what they do though, I had similar on an acer that when shorted it cleared a bios password.

Comment

I've found the schematics here
                      this is an amd board marked as 16" op8

Comment

i can definitely say that your board is HS. got new one .

Comment

Update, I'm still working on it when I get a chance, had a set back though, shorted the keyboard on the mobo, burnt a chip, will have to find what it is and solder another in.

Comment

Well I stuck at it and got it to boot hooray,
                            After repairing the damage with the keyboard shorting, I went over the board with my soldering iron, somehow I got power with the charger, after many many attempts of flashing the bios, I put every combination on a usb stick and when I saw the light flashing I could hardly believe it, after a few beeps it restarted and I had boot screen.
                            Now the bad news, after turning it off and restarting, I get the 2 flashing lights code again, I reflash and it works untill I turn it off and on again.
                            Any one any ideas on why it looses the bios each time I turn it off?
                            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dycc View Post
                              hi
                              p2805mf ao seems to be the problem. you have to get 19v at pin 1 (vin) and approximately 9 v at pin 8 (vout) . this IC drive the mosfet that give the necessary voltage to all other chip of the board

sorry for english i speak french
                              Hi. Im working on a Compaq CQ62. PU4 is named as "M314 Q5933" or the "Q" could be a "G". Pin 1 gives me 19.17v but pin 8, no voltage. Does it means that this IC is damaged? Also I could not find any reference to the markings above. Can I replace it with "p2805mf ao"?

Regards
                              Last edited by speedypro; 05-10-2013, 04:06 AM.
                              Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

Originally posted by speedypro View Post
                                Hi. Im working on a Compaq CQ62. PU4 is named as "M314 Q5933" or the "Q" could be a "G". Pin 1 gives me 19.17v but pin 8, no voltage. Does it means that this IC is damaged? Also I could not find any reference to the markings above. Can I replace it with "p2805mf ao"?

Regards
                                http://laptoprepairegypt.com/blog/2012/11/27/test/

Here you can identify your motherboard. It's very useful.

Comment

got pratically same issue , when it entered my store , was with the ddc jack led issue , that was shuting down the dc jack led after 3 seconds , (usually bios problem) after reflashing bios , the dc jack led is not always on , also machine turn on , but shutdown 1 second after , , making some test with a battery shows me is trying to charge but the power charger led on the front panel of the machine stay blinking , but with battery and dc outlet machine turn on , just dc not turning on , jut with bat no power enough on bat , notice that this IC DYCC mentioned pu4 is the same for me , cheked and have 28 volts on pin 8 , but even after replacing it with another , still 28 volts . the resistor attacvhed to the vin of the charger ic is 22ohm , really not finding the outher resistor mentioned , altough my machine the system charger is a RT8206B , so pinout is diferent , but cheking this infos , here , seems a system charger problem .

Comment

not finding alltough the correct schematic , all the schametic i got for this are with the ISL , mine is a RichTek

Comment

also cheking schematic notice that pu4 pin 8 should be 29 , since its a +VH28 so no error on this .
                                      also not a problem from system charger, since i replaced it , both resistor are ok as well , 22ohm and 11.9 ohm
                                      starting to think about something wrong on the circuit or charging , but must chek were is the fault , pain in the ass HP

Comment

What are the markings to identify the logic board?

28 volts seems very high for the boosted voltage but maybe normal as you have noted.

Comment

hi everyone
                                          I struggled a lot with this problem
                                          3 times flashing problem is definitely bios related
                                          I downloaded the bios file from somewhere, the problem continued, so I changed the ISL6251 IC, the problem was not solved, then I found the bios file from another place, write it to the bios and the problem was solved

Comment

Working...
                                          X