Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead, Daewoo 17" TFT-LCD Model HL710S

Dear Help
    I have a Daewoo 17" TFT-LCD Model HL710S monitor that is dead I cheacked all the Caps with an ESR tester and they all tested OK. When I put the neg to the big cap I get voltage ot both diods on the secondary section and also on I get voltage on the secondary caps. But their is no voltage at the 5 and 12 volt output pins. What component could be the problem
    Thanks, Ron

Re: Dead, Daewoo 17" TFT-LCD Model HL710S

Originally posted by Ron K View Post
    Dear Help
    When I put the neg to the big cap I get voltage ot both diods on the secondary section and also on I get voltage on the secondary caps. But their is no voltage at the 5 and 12 volt output pins. What component could be the problem
    1) Please specify the DC voltages that you are seeing at

a) big cap
    b) secondary caps

2) Post clear focused top down view pictures of all your boards following the instructions in my sig file below EXACTLY.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I have the pictures put how do I attach them to this post? Where is your manage attachments button to attach the pictures? I tried (Go Advanced tab) then attach from there, but it doen't seem to work.
      Thanks
      Ron

Comment

I have the pictures put how do I attach them to this post? Where is your manage attachments button to attach the pictures? I tried (Go Advanced tab) then attach from there, but it doen't seem to work.
        Thanks
        Ron
        When you reply to a post, you are given a box that allows you to type in text. If you scroll down, you will see another box titled "additional options". Within that box you will find "manage attachments".

Comment

Thanks
          Ron
          Hi if you are following instructions and they wont load they are probably too big
          - need to be less than 2mb
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Dear help
            At the big cap I get 166 volts dc, IC chip grd to vcc 7.4 volts dc, secondary both diods I get 59 volts dc.
            Thanks
            Ron

Attached Files

Comment

Dear Help
              I have a Daewoo 17" TFT-LCD Model HL710S monitor that is dead I cheacked all the Caps with an ESR tester and they all tested OK. At the big cap I get 166 volts dc, IC chip grd to vcc 7.4 volts dc, secondary both diods I get 59 volts dc.
              But their is no voltage at the 5 and 12 volt output pins. What component could be the problem
              Thanks
              Ron
              IMG_8472.jpg (151.8 KB)
              IMG_8473.jpg (154.6 KB)
              IMG_8477.jpg (195.3 KB)
              IMG_8478.jpg (188.9 KB)
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi - your pictures are still not good enough - im not sure why - they need to be
                retaken so they are not blurred when enlarged. They should be around
                2mb jpgs.

Did you do the output voltage test with all the boards connected. At very least
                the power supply and the main board need connected. I am trying to check
                if there are any fuses but its so difficult with the pictures being poor.

Please also update your profile with country and voltage.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Dear Help
                  Here are a new set of pictures with a better camera I hope they are clearer for you. Yes I tested the voltage with the the power supply and the main board connected, I also checked for a fuse but couldn't seem to find one. My Country is Canada and I am located in Manitoba.
                  Thanks for your time
                  IMG_3974.jpg (423.7 KB)
                  IMG_3978.jpg (432.0 KB)
                  IMG_3979.jpg (375.5 KB)
                  IMG_3980.jpg (459.4 KB)
                  IMG_3983.jpg (488.0 KB)

Comment

What is the part number of the IC that you measured the 7.4V vcc?

Comment

The ICE part number is 2AS01, and another number is (a symbol then 0403LP).
                      Thanks

Comment

The ICE part number is 2AS01, and another number is (a symbol then 0403LP).
                        Thanks
                        It's a ICE2AS01 PWM controller. With power to your monitor disconnected, allow a minute for the main cap to discharge. With your meter set to 200 ohms, measure across pins 6 and 7 of the ICE2AS01. What is your reading?

Comment

With no power conected, big cap grained to 0 volts, on ICE2AS01 pin 7 grd to pin 6 vcc 0 volts. But with power conneced I get at the big cap I get 166 volts dc, ICE2AS01 pin 7 grd to Pin 6 vcc 7.4 volts dc, secondary sibe both diods I get 59 volts dc.

Comment

With no power conected, big cap grained to 0 volts, on ICE2AS01 pin 7 grd to pin 6 vcc 0 volts. But with power conneced I get at the big cap I get 166 volts dc, ICE2AS01 pin 7 grd to Pin 6 vcc 7.4 volts dc, secondary sibe both diods I get 59 volts dc.
                            Let's try this again. I asked you to perform the pin 6 to pin 7 test on a resistance setting, not voltage setting. We're trying to determine if there's a short on the vcc pin.

Comment

meter set to 200 ohms on pin 6 to pin 7 their shows no or 0 resistance

Comment

If you're reading 0 ohms, then there is a short, which means one of two things:

1) There is an internal short of the ICE2SA01 between pins 6 and 7, which requires you replace the ICE2SA01.

2) There is a short to ground of one the components that is connected to the vcc pin 6 of the ICE2AS01. Your photos are not clear enough to read, but there should be a resistor, diode and cap(s) connected to pin 6. Check these for shorts.

Comment

Working...
                                X