Gateway LCD monitor FPD2275W bad capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway LCD monitor FPD2275W bad capacitor

Sorry for a lack of pictures, but I just got it back together and really don't feel like taking it back apart to snap a few photographs

The monitor is an LCD FPD2275W made by gateway. The invertor board and main power supply is seperate from the video board. The monitor would turn on, fully functional, and the backlight would fail within a few seconds. This was an office monitor, and I was tasked with purchasing a replacement, which I did. Instead of throwing away the old monitor, I was allowed to keep it.

Basically there was a bad 1000uF capacitor on the invertor board, and apparently this is a common issue with this monitor. The top of the cap had burst and it was leaking. I am typing this post on the newly repaired monitor.

Its amazing how such a relatively cheap part can turn a perfectly good monitor into an expensive paperweight.

Re: Gateway LCD monitor FPD2275W bad capacitor

did you recap it? be sure to replace all caps of bad brands.

yes, a bad cap will do that to a monitor
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Re: Gateway LCD monitor FPD2275W bad capacitor

I only replaced the single failing capacitor. I have yet to get a stockpile of good capacitors, so for now its just replace whats broken, not replace what will be broken lol

Comment

Working...
      X