Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emerson LC320EM2 blown fuse but thats not all

Originally posted by woodman45 View Post
    If you google how to test diodes and different components with a multi-meter there are a lot of vids out there that will help.
    Good luck👍
    If you look here: Post #11
    I got the kit in and tested all but two parts cause I was unsure even when watching the videos. Id like to point out that you look at the diodes I tested as one of the three I tested gave the result of 660 when the other two gave me a 880. I heard in a video 500 would be a bad diode. I also tested a SMD diode and received a low number there as well so I am not sure if I get bad parts in the replacement pack or not.

Comment

Maybe someone can chime in that knows for sure.
      I'm at work and don't have anything to go by to answer that question.

Comment

This is a TV with a well known power supply issue. It almost always blows the same parts every time.

Those TV have a 27V Zener, 36V Zener that blow constantly, Main MOSFET (replace with a higher rated part), and a small NPN transistor. You replace all of those, and also a 0.18 ohm and replace the dual 2.2ohm resistors with a standard green power supply thermistor, and it will probably work. There are even youtube videos on this very TV set!
        Last edited by ZnsaneRyder; 03-14-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZnsaneRyder View Post
          Those TV have a 27V Zener, 36V Zener that blow constantly
          I received three Zener diodes. I tested them to the best of my knowledge, two came out 880+ and the other 600 which from the YT I watched makes me think that is bad.

Main MOSFET (replace with a higher rated part)
          I received one but I I don't know if higher rated though the website I got the parts from says that the parts exceed OEM standard.

a 0.18 ohm
          Look here at post 11 I tested the parts I received and I am not sure I got a good resister.

dual 2.2ohm resistors with a standard green power supply thermistor
          This here do you mean the ceramic resistors?

Comment

Diodes measure different. The voltage drop you measure in diode mode isn't always the same. Zeners have a different voltage drop than a Schottky etc. So take one leg off the board and measure the diode both ways. If it is shorted it is bad. If you get readings both ways, its bad also. Compare it to the replacement. But one leg off the diode has to be off the board, so you measure out of circuit. D640 was always a fail. Anyhow when you read the other threads there have been many parts already identified, some are not in your kit. So check them on your board. Resistors usually go higher in value or open. If any of the legs of the mosfet are shorted, it is bad. I think you are concerned about the resistors not giving quite the correct reading. Well... Unless you have a calibrated quality DMM there isn't going to be a way to verify. There are tolerances on the parts and there are also tolerances in your meter. To me the readings don't look too bad. So exchange the bad parts, check the others that are identified in previous threads and go from there.
            Last edited by CapLeaker; 03-14-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X