Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung PN42B430P2DXZC Turns on, chime sounds, no picture Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN42B430P2DXZC Turns on, chime sounds, no picture Please Help!!

Hey Guys,

I am having an issue with my Samsung Plasma TV (42in). I went to turn it on yesterday and out of the blue there is no picture. Please see the bullet points/pictures below:
    • TV responds to remote and turns on
    • When TV is switched on, it clicks, the Samsung Chime is heard, and the Plasma Screen glows black. If you look closely, you can see some interference on the screen (red/blue/white dots) as if there is no video source (always did this static without a source)
    • If you hit the Menu key on the remote, the screen glows slightly brighter, if you hit the menu key again (to exit the menu), the screen returns to it's normal glow brightness)
    • No menu is displayed when the button is pressed, just a change in brightness
    • When switched on, the red light ilumnates and blinks, then goes out (this is normal operation)
    • With the back panel off the TV, the green light on the main board iluminates every second when the tv is on
    • Switching inputs, unplugging equipment, etc does nothing.

Things tried:
    • Removing all inputs, no change
    • Removing back panel of TV, unplugging EVERY connector and reseating, no change
    • Attempted putting TV into Test Mode by using a hard drive jumper on pins 3/4 and disconnecting the LVDS cable (see picture to see if I unplugged the right cable) This displayed no changed on the screen (Note: Menu button does not change brightness in test mode, screen still glowing)
    • Tested both ceramic fuses on the power supply with DVM, both tested good. Tested soldered fuse on mainboard, this tested good as well.

I included pictures below so you can get a good idea of what I'm working with. Please check the image of the main board with jumper/lvds disconnected to let me know if I have it set properly for testing. The jumper might look like it's off to one side in the pic, but its shorting pins 3 & 4:

Please let me know what you think. I do not have a scope or anything. But I am mechanically inclined, have a multi-meter and can solder haha. I'm willing to try just about anything to get this thing back online. Thanks in advance for any help!!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung PN42B430P2DXZC Turns on, chime sounds, no picture Please Help!!

You'll need to check all the panel-voltages such as Vs, Va, VSC, -Vy etc....
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Re: Samsung PN42B430P2DXZC Turns on, chime sounds, no picture Please Help!!

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
      You'll need to check all the panel-voltages such as Vs, Va, VSC, -Vy etc....
      How in the world is that done haha?

Comment

Working...
      X