lg lcd line pulsing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg lcd line pulsing?

Hi i have a Lg 42ln5400-ua lcd tv with a issue. On the left side every other horizontal row of crystals are slightly dimmer and pulse every 2 sec or so. They pulse to the same brightness as the rest of the display. This is happening every other row from top to bottom even in the menu selection screens. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by colt45lush; 05-03-2016, 03:45 PM.

Re: lg lcd line pulsing?

Will it show up on a photo as a good starting point.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Sure its the Lcd and not the backlight ?
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

A photo is a no go. It won't show up in a pic. 100% positive it's not the led blacklight. I actually took a magnifying glass and watched every other row pulse dim to bright. :-)

Comment

All I can think of is to clean with alcohol and reseat the cables going to your TCON board and to the Panel.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
            All I can think of is to clean with alcohol and reseat the cables going to your TCON board and to the Panel.
            I have all ready done this and played with the ribbon cables on the lcd itself and no change. On a fast paced visuals it is barely noticeable. On loading screens and such you can see the "flashing". Also note that the pulsing is very consistent every 2 sec or so for the entire time it is on. I would guess a tcon board but I am not sure if it would cause this.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming!

Comment

You say this is on the left side. Is it half the width of the panel wide?

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                You say this is on the left side. Is it half the width of the panel wide?
                I covered the left half of the screen and it looks like it may pass into the right half. I do know for sure that left side to middle the problem gradually decreases towards the middle.

Comment

Sorry about not putting the model number in the title. I just noticed thumbing through the stickies.

Comment

Hmm--Ive seen this once.....

Tried everything, eventually decided it was the panel (or COF) itself....

I had a Sony 46" set today funny enough--where every other line was missing. That was the panel too. Very next set, a 32" Samsung had one third of picture at top the same--missing lines....

Not a good week for panel faults....
                    Last edited by Alastair E; 05-04-2016, 12:56 PM.
                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                      Hmm--Ive seen this once.....

Tried everything, eventually decided it was the panel (or COF) itself....

I had a Sony 46" set today funny enough--where every other line was missing. That was the panel too. Very next set, a 32" Samsung had one third of picture at top the same--missing lines....

Not a good week for panel faults....
                      On my panel the lines are not missing they are just slightly dimmer and pulse brighter. Should I assume that it is only a matter of time for this set? What steps did you go about before coming to your conclusion that it was the panel.

Comment

Working...
                      X