sharp aquos lc-32d44e-gy issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharp aquos lc-32d44e-gy issue

Hi guys, not sure if this forum is for me as i have no experience in voltage testing (nor do i have the tools) when it comes to electronics...

My LCD TV turns on (green power led) but after a few seconds turns back to red.

I've taken the back off it, thinking i'd clean it up but it was imaculate, also checked wires and all seem connected properly.

I know it's not much to go by but any ideas based on these symptoms?

Thanks for any help/advice you can bring!

Re: sharp aquos lc-32d44e-gy issue

Take some nice close up pics of the power board.

Use the manage attachments option to upload pics.

You could do with buying a digital multimeter, they are only a couple of £.
    Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Comment

Thanks Gilly!

Attached are the pictures you asked for. Hope this helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

Pictures are not clear enough you need more light less flash One of whole of the set with the back off is useful and one of the complete boards. They need to look like these
        Examples of what is needed
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachm...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachm...7&d=1280167246

Does the screen flash on at all or just the power led
        Was it your TV when it stopped working did the fault develop over time or did it get harder to switch on.
        Is there any sound - Audio.
        Does it make any noise ticking/clicking
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi, ok i'll take others. your links aren't working
          the tV was working fine last night and the problem started as soon as i turned it on today.

Have since managed to start in diagnosis mode (vol down, input and start button) and then in extended mode (vol down and channel down). This brings up a new menu and tried to reset to manuf settings but it always switches itself off after a short while (up to 20 seconds). on this menu, i do get picture and sound, but (in normal mode) i don't get either. No ticking clicking.
          Cheers
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nightfrogs; 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM. Reason: adding photos

Comment

Originally posted by nightfrogs View Post
            your links aren't working
            Thanks - must have become corrupted - I use it regularly and no one has commented - perhaps they dont open them!!

Anyway they are much better - cant see anything really bad. Can you just check the top righthand capacitor in the row on top of the power supply C7215 -it looks odd compared to the others. Is it a different make and does it look at all bulged
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Hi Selldoor, these are the 4 same capacitators (KY 25V 1000 F)but the one on the right is p[laced slightly higher than other 3. it does have a very slight bulge on the top triangle.

Comment

Does the OPC LED light up, or flash?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom, is OPC the power on/off led? If so, yes it turns solid green but usually within 10-20 seconds it turns back to red again.

Comment

On Sharp TVs, you usually have a power LED and a separate LED marked OPC.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

There is a led next to the power led but it doesn't turn on.

Comment

OK, does the power LED blink a number of times or just change to red?

Comment

The led next to the power led does not turn on at all (don't think it ever did when TV was working)

Comment

We've established that, but please say if there are any blinks from the power LED and count them... TV is trying to tell you where the fault is.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                              Thanks - must have become corrupted - I use it regularly and no one has commented - perhaps they dont open them!!

Anyway they are much better - cant see anything really bad. Can you just check the top righthand capacitor in the row on top of the power supply C7215 -it looks odd compared to the others. Is it a different make and does it look at all bulged
                              Maybe people just thought you meant the pic of the smoking drunk dog lol.
                              Attached Files
                              Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by gilly1984 View Post
                                Maybe people just thought you meant the pic of the smoking drunk dog lol.
                                Well even that is a lot better than 80% of pictures - probably as much use as well

Comment

Tom, solid green light until uit turns solid red. no blinks

Edit: not sure if it helps but i've attached pics of the firmware menu
                                  What are these 'lamp errors'?
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by nightfrogs; 12-18-2012, 08:00 AM. Reason: adding photos

Comment

Those could be the cause of the trouble. Could be a worn out CCFL or inverter problem.

Comment

Dont know if you have read this - lots of stuff in there if it is the same set as yours - known fault?

http://www.tv.quuq.org/forum/index.p...e;topic=2801.0

Comment

Originally posted by nightfrogs View Post
                                        Tom, solid green light until uit turns solid red. no blinks

Edit: not sure if it helps but i've attached pics of the firmware menu
                                        What are these 'lamp errors'?
                                        Well this is probably only a temporary situation but after resetting the firmware i haven't had any problems (yet)... At least it gives me time to start looking for a new set. Thanks all for your help and happy xmas!

Comment

Working...
                                        X