Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1500uf 6.3v cap substitute

Oops, didn't look at the close-up
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I think i am on to something.
      I bought a dell sx-280, cost me like 2$ USD.

It has six panasonic caps labeld as
      2200uF 6.3v +105c FJ (one of them is bulged but the others seem to be fine)

and also these Nichicon caps next to the processor
      1800uF 6.3v HN(M) 105c A0507 ( these are like 10 on the board, all seems good and shiny)

from the underside of the popped fz caps i can see two holes so i can fit a thinner one there two.

so what will u guys suggest from these ones ?
      the panasonic are same size as old one but a bit taller.
      the nichicon are thinner and same height as the panasonic.

as i have read in the forum that we can go over uF range a bit
      is 2200uF too much or safe? Both caps on the boards legit, if u guys want i will post pics of them.

Thanks again all you u guys, i had alot of info gained from you guys. thanks for helping the noob

Comment

also forgot to tell abt the new caps, i got them from local shop, he said that these ones are motherboard sized, he didnt knew if they were good quality or not, just said that we get these ones for motherboards.

Comment

Also there are 3 Rubycons on the mobo

1000uF 16v MBZ T0505 105c

and 2 or 3 more nichicon with these values

1500uF 16v HN(M) 105c H0507

all shiny and good looking ones
          Last edited by daemon123; 06-07-2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon123
            1500uF 16v HN(M) 105c H0507

all shiny and good looking ones
            Those will work as well. Be careful of HN though. Some were prone to failure, but it was supposedly corrected by 2005. Those are week 7 of 2005, so they should be okay. If they came out of a small form factor Dell, I'd be extra cautious. The small form factor computers are known for overheating caps.

Comment

Oop's, they are from small form factor dell.

so can i use all the caps which i listed for dell pc ?

as some have more uf and some have more volts, which one of the above will be good ones. also the dell had these caps bulged, i have solderd them out.

1. panasonic 2200uf 6.3v fj series
              2. nichicon 820uF 6.3v HM(M)
              3. 25v22 ZA [R] A 0441 ( so i guess its 22uf 25v ?)

Comment

Oop's, they are from small form factor dell.

so can i use all the caps which i listed for dell pc ?

as some have more uf and some have more volts, which one of the above will be good ones. also the dell had these caps bulged, i have solderd them out.

1. panasonic 2200uf 6.3v fj series
                2. nichicon 820uF 6.3v HM(M)
                3. 25v22 ZA [R] A 0441 ( so i guess its 22uf 25v ?)
                The HNs you listed earlier are the only suitable candidate from the Dell. You can very capacitance a little if you absolutely have to, but you want to stay within 20% of the original values.

I'd still go with the Panasonic FL you had a few posts back. Panasonic caps are top quality, and those have been by far the best replacement mentioned the whole thread. Given that you have access to the correct replacement, I would say use the FL as they will definitely get the job done. It seems sort of silly to experiment with different sizes and values when you have the correct replacements available.

Comment

I agree. The Panasonic FLs are the best for those two blown caps.

I looked at the pic of the two Sacons is a sea of solids. Very interesting.
                  In other news, my desk is bloody and I seem to be bleeding from my forehead.

Comment

Thanks for you reply guys.

I still think the New FL panasoinc i have are fake, so am trying to get something from used parts which will have at least 2nd class parts. As here the new parts we get are like 3rd grade fakes from china.

so is thes "1500uF 16v HN(M) 105c H0507" good enough, i mean the voltage difference 16v ? i thinks the voltage is like 30% more, can i still use it ?

Comment

hmm, why doesnt the edit post option work for me.

also i have old MSI GeForce 4200ti, it has some smt caps, solid i think but i cant ident them as they use some differnt codes. i will try to get its pic and post it as it might have some good quality parts, as this one was the very best card i had in old days. still kept it as i have used it alot, maybe it comes in handy and i get good quality parts from it.

The panny FL new ones i can get like 12 for under 1USD, i guess they are fakes or the person who got them here got them in huge quantity.

Comment

those fl's look real to me.
                        most fakes are blatently obvious.
                        use em.

Comment

I am convinced too that FL are real, i went to the shop again and asked him in the box that they came in, he didnt had box of those but shown me a big box of nishicon's i think it contains like 1000caps, they order in quantity.

before i put them on, i need to know one more thing, can u guys tell me the datata sheet of these solid cap's

silver solid cap with purple stripe
                          SEPC

Comment

before i put them on, i need to know one more thing, can u guys tell me the datata sheet of these solid cap's

silver solid cap with purple stripe
                            SEPC
                            Sanyo SEPC series

Comment

Thanks agian,

so i cant use these sepc cap's for my card as they are 560uF 4V, i thought they were some kind of code. Thanks again, i will recap my card and will let u guys know. will recap it in 2 or 3 days.

Thanks to all you of you. I got really good advise from u and gained a bit of knowledge abt caps.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

still have not recapped my card, as i needed practice to recap. As an experiment i have replaced the 3 caps on sx-280 with smthng cheap, as to my surprise the board is alive now, before it only gave amber light. now it post and i can go to bios. i will practices a big more before i recap the video card. and am still keeping in eye on used parts to find solid polymer caps

Comment

I also had problem with 2x Sacon FZ series 1500/6.3V on ATi X550 and need some recommendation about the replacement.

Did you guys talking about these Sacon FZ series?
                                  1500/6.3V, size 10x12.5mm.
                                  Ripple Current 1800mA rms.@100KHz 105c
                                  Z 0.022ohm@100KHz

If correct, My question is... Can I used these Nichicon HZ series as replacement.
                                  1000/10V, size 10x16mm.
                                  Ripple Current 2960mA rms.@100KHz 105c
                                  Z 0.010ohm@100KHz
                                  | AMD Phenom II X2 550BE | GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P | GeIL DDR3 Ultra 2x2GB 1600C7 |
                                  | XFX GTS250 DDR3 512MB | Dell H525EF-00 | Lancool PC-K62 Black | Samsung 2232GW |
                                  | 2xWD7500AYYS | 2xHD322GJ Raid0 |

Comment

ok guys i will be recaping the card tommorow.

i have found some more replacements. plz advise

which one should i use

1. Panasonic 1500uf 6.3v FL series (the new ones)
                                    2. Sanyo 748 SEPC 1500 6

I wont ask anything else. plz let me kknow if the 6 volt sanyo solids i can use or not, as its 0.3 volt less.

thanks in advance.

Comment

either will be fine.
                                      note that most likely the highest voltage on those will be 3.3v.
                                      so plenty of headroom.

Comment

plus the sanyo's are solid polymers.. (same type of cap as the other ones on the card.)

Comment

Originally posted by POM_MJ
                                          I also had problem with 2x Sacon FZ series 1500/6.3V on ATi X550 and need some recommendation about the replacement.

Did you guys talking about these Sacon FZ series?
                                          1500/6.3V, size 10x12.5mm.
                                          Ripple Current 1800mA rms.@100KHz 105c
                                          Z 0.022ohm@100KHz

If correct, My question is... Can I used these Nichicon HZ series as replacement.
                                          1000/10V, size 10x16mm.
                                          Ripple Current 2960mA rms.@100KHz 105c
                                          Z 0.010ohm@100KHz
                                          You can use Nichicon HZ but Panasonic FM or better are good enough to replace Sacon FZ.
                                          It's not common but in -some- circuits [**] taking ESR too low can cause problems so personally I would not replace FZ with anything better [lower ESR] than MBZ, WG, FM, FL, FJ or HM.
                                          - But that's just me..

[**] Never seen it apply when caps are just being filters, but, in control circuits the volt drops across caps and their charge times are sometimes used as time delays or for dynamic biasing to turn IC functions on-off or establish set-points [trip points].
                                          ESR can affect that volt drop and/or charge/discharge time.

So, if you KNOW the FZ is just a filter cap [and an FZ probably is] then and HZ should be fine.

Personally when I want ESR as low as HZ I'd use a polymer if at all possible because the 'extreme' lytics like HZ I suspect have more heat issues like KZG and KZJ. - Can't 'go poly' for some voltage/uF value though...

Last edited by PCBONEZ; 06-11-2010, 03:57 PM.
                                          Mann-Made Global Warming.
                                          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                          -
                                          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                          -

Comment

Working...
                                          X