TNPA5066 Rebuild, Pan. 42C2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TNPA5066 Rebuild, Pan. 42C2B

Just had a quick look at the 2 versions, nothing obvious in difference other than the panel connectors, certainly not enough to be an issue I'd think.

yeah I'd did the same with a 50 board i got in error, just moved the tabs and left the rest as is and it provided a perfect picture until I got the right one , then I stripped it for bits.It was different had extra transistors, caps.

Dunno, may be worth trying the other if you can be satisfied it's ok but this is the only model I've been nervous with as the SS can take out that SN

Comment

I tried the other SS, --from a 42" in this 42" after a full check of the drivers etc, the picture was exactly the same...

While looking at the SN I noticed a tiny shiny bit by the corner of IC501, that I had replaced as part of the repairs to this board, along with the three small dual-transistors driving the shorted IGBT's...

--What was catching the light was a hair-thin solder whisker that was resting on an adjacent land by a fairly large SMD resistor.....

Bit of braid and iron, Tried again.

Set had faultless picture....
      --I'll really HAVE to take a better closer look at stuff after replacing!!

Put it on its stand on the soak-test table complete with The Bulb in the VSUS supply, without the rear cover--where it sat all day working faultlessly....

The Other SN board--Probably is also OK now--Apart from me borrowing the Transoptor, which itself came from the 37" with the duff mainboard.
      Ive got those on order--so then can complete that SN and refit to the Other 42C2B along with the SS board from the above set It had been giving 7-Blink as I had a 15W bulb in the Q661 collector, I'll bet if Q661 is correctly installed, all will be well....

Its a shame that the serivice-manual didnt indicate the test procedure/voltage measurements to chassis/otherwise of VSCN--as I wasted a fair amount of time and effort chasing a fault--That did not exist...

Dunno what to do with the 37C2B,-- Mainboards seem rare and expensive for them. Nice set though--Has a Proper SC board and Buffer-Boards rather than the Combo SN as in the 42" versions...
      It has probable BGA soldering breakdown--sometimes it'll work, other times 8 blink or weird colours/picture. When its right--Its perfect and only 5K hours on it.
      Last edited by Alastair E; 02-18-2016, 12:29 PM.
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

My tiny little empire......

The Balky Panasonic--Crap picture, but working well...
        [/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
        TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
          My tiny little empire......

The Balky Panasonic--Crap picture, but working well...
          [/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
          Looks all nice and neat. I half expected to see mud but all concrete.

Good work back tracking to find it. Always hard to second guess if you've made an error just like that resistor I had missing

Comment

Great little repair center you've got there! Is that container something you rent out, or something you put together on your property? It could be the wave of the future for anyone trying to start their own repair business. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thankfully, the recycling and 'CA' site is all concreted, as is the shop area directly in front of my tin-box (not pictured, its another--larger tin-box, so not a lot to see externally).

Its fairly tidy--At the moment--It wasn't last week!

I had a huge clear-out of crap that had accumulated--As it does! One advantage to working at this place--You ain't got far to dump the rubbish, and you don't get odd looks or objections when you turn up with 10 dead TV sets!
              TELEFIX

Comment

Thats a well cool place you have got, I have seen another place like yours when we were on holiday in Borth wales,I am assuming its privately owned not council ?

Comment

Q702 keeps blowing up on me replaced the componants that were discussed
                  on here.I don't see anything shorted but POW flash of light.q702 is blown to bits.
                  The Transistors on the heat sinks do not short out.
                  Thanks phil

Comment

Q702 failing, then highly likely Q661 is dead....

As to Cause of Q702 failure--check everything on that supply line, (VAD+5V) such as IC771
                    Q818, Q701, D701, Transoptor PC461, R707, IC773 etc....

Best replace the bloody lot all at once--Along with Q661, whether that checks good--Or not!
                    Last edited by Alastair E; 04-08-2016, 01:06 PM.
                    TELEFIX

Comment

Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
                      X