• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN60E550D1F no audio no image only red LED

anyone?

Comment

Your VE is also low, you said in first post 10V, should be around 110V. Also you VSC scan is too low as already suggested. You may have bad ysustain and x main also. Remove your xmain and check Y sustain VSC again. When you unplug the board give it few minutes to discharge before reconnecting so you don't short the board.

Comment

Shop Jimmy has y sustain repair kit for $25.
        http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn9...repair-kit.htm
        Also they have x-main for $29.
        http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn9...main-board.htm
        If you decide to purchase repair kit you will need to have soldering gun to remove and install new parts.
        Hope this helps.
        Last edited by ned1; 10-28-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Pls I have a Samsung plasma tv 51 it has only red standby led no sound no picture

Comment

does anyone know what components i should test on the y and x boards?

i rather test the components first then just replace everything and then it does not resolve the issue

Comment

Originally posted by ned1 View Post
              Your VE is also low, you said in first post 10V, should be around 110V. Also you VSC scan is too low as already suggested. You may have bad ysustain and x main also. Remove your xmain and check Y sustain VSC again. When you unplug the board give it few minutes to discharge before reconnecting so you don't short the board.
              when i remove the xmain to check vsc voltage do i reconnect logic board to the ysus board or leave disconnected?

Comment

just remove cable that goes from y-sustain to x-main.

Comment

Ok so I rested xmain as suggested

I disconnected the xmain cable going to the ysus
                  Logic board disconnected from the ysus and xmain
                  VE 10.92v no green led blinking

Logic board disconnected from the ysus
                  Logic board connected to xmain
                  VE 16.42v with green led blinking

Logic board connected to the xmain and ysus
                  VE 10.90v green led blinking

Logic board disconnected from the xmain
                  Logic board connected to the ysus
                  VE 10.90v no blinking green led

Anything else I can test?

Comment

Measure the VSC when you disconnect x-main board.

Comment

Does it matter if the buffer boards are removed?
                      Last edited by jose6326; 11-02-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

So I tested the vsc on the ysus

With the xmain cable disconnected from ysus and logic board connected to ysus the vsc tested -0.028v and dropped to -0.0000

With the xmain cable disconnected from ysus and logic board disconnected from the ysus the vsc tested -50.6v
                        I dont understand how that is if there is no cables connected to the ysus????

Comment

That brings us back to the older recommendation of replacing y-sustain board. If you cant find cheap Y-systain send it for repair or try to purchase repair kit.

Comment

i plan on buying the repair kit for the ysus but what actual components can i test to determine are faulty?

i am also going to order the xami as well from shopjimmy

Comment

Vscan is generated off the ysus. If you remove the flat cable connecting the ysus to the logic board you will have improper vscan readings. I also think your ysus is faulty.

Check for faulty shorted mosfets on the ysus. Also open fuses and open resistors.
                              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

do you think all mosfets are shorted or certain ones?

i checked the fuses and they are good

Comment

With an ohmmeter put the black leg on to the center pin of each MOSFET. the red probe and check end pins of any of those and of any are shorted then that's your problem to start with
                                  Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

do you know if a ysus board from a cracked screen tv would have shorted components on it?

Comment

Usually not. But it is possible in some rare instances if the buffer board fails for the Y-sustain to be damaged too. And the buffer can fail quite often with damaged panels.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tom.

I ask because I found a ysus board on ebay that was pulled from a cracked screen

But the seller wants $140
                                        Im trying to get him to sell it for at least 100

I ordered the xmain from shopjimmy
                                        But I wont install it untill I have the ysus

Comment

You should have ordered also the y-sustain repair kit from shop jimmy, it comes with all parts that are usually shorted and with each part location. Anyway I would recommend not to install new x-main board when installing ebay y-sustain. Install new y-sustain board with x-main unplugged and measure your VCS first. if your VSC voltage is correct then install new x-main. Your old x-main may be OK since VE is created by y-sustain. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                          X