Panasonic TH-42PZ80BA. 10 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-42PZ80BA. 10 blinks

Hi peeps. Couldn't find a thread for this but if there is one please link. I don't usually repair these but I got this one under misleading circumstances, don't get me wrong I love pannys but find them a pig to work on, but with some help , I should get this one running again.

Only getting 4.9v during blinks from power supply, if I disconnect Left buffer Y us. I still get 10 blinks. If I disconnect X main (right buffer ) I get nothing , as us usual Google is awash with confusing info saying it could be any board, can't find any shorts on the buffer boards so, can you help
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TH-42PZ80BA. 10 blinks

SMPS Transformer fuse OK....?
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

You dont like to work on them. So you dont like a challenge then ? Or to be able to fix an awesome Tv ? There are two smd caps on the controller boards that tend to fail will link repair kit.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I love a challenge, but these buggers weigh a ton, and I have 2 still to repair both with 7 flash error codes, one needs a main board which I can't find and one needs a ysus which is on the way, I think these tvs were among the bes=t quality made, I have several, but I have not got great Plasma experience

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
          SMPS Transformer fuse OK....?
          yes all board fuses are fine, thank you for replying guys, keep it up, there are all the boards for this on ebay, buts that is cheating

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpGKaBt8hg

Comment

This Diode D054 is reading as shorted , on the PCb
              Could this be the lone culprit
              Attached Files

Comment

Thats a snubber diode for the tarfo it should show shorted.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

There are 2 chips on the power supply which look like mini circuit boards labelled mc201 and mc301. Use electronic freeze spray to cool them down, then power it up to see if it works. It may or may not work using this test method.

Of course vinceroger69 has posted a very good link on how to rework these chips. And instead of SMD capacitors, you can use the aluminium through hole capacitor kind.

Hope this helps

Comment

post 2 alastair means this fuse i think
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpGKaBt8hg

Comment

Yes I have seen that video before, I have tried freezing the ic's 201 and 301, but no change, in fact its stopped the relay clicking now, but still flashing green with the 10 blinks shortly after. shame , I was getting excited then,

Thanks guys, any other tips please share, I am determined to get this up and running for my Birthday, which is tomorrow,

How sure do we think its the powerboard, isn't there a way of getting this set to come up with the white rasta to test the powerboard ??

Comment

Originally posted by Fleckers tv View Post
                        Yes I have seen that video before, I have tried freezing the ic's 201 and 301, but no change, in fact its stopped the relay clicking now, but still flashing green with the 10 blinks shortly after. shame , I was getting excited then,

Thanks guys, any other tips please share, I am determined to get this up and running for my Birthday, which is tomorrow,

How sure do we think its the powerboard, isn't there a way of getting this set to come up with the white rasta to test the powerboard ??
                        did you freeze the ics? when i repaired my set i froze just the two very small smd caps as shown in my first video and the set came on so i just replaced the capacitors it maybe worth still swopping the two capacitors though on your set to rule them out.Does your set have that thermal fuse like in my second video link did it test ok?

Comment

Hi Vinceroger, both your links are for the same vid, did not notice the caps one, would love to try that next...

thank you

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBw8...&nohtml5=False

have you checked this?

and in the other video 11.00 minutes the 1uf capacitors hes removed/changing freeze them and see if the set starts
                            Last edited by vinceroger69; 04-09-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Try freezing them Ics and the 1uf ceramic caps for them also check the thermal fuse that can fail too causing non intermittent 10 blinks. Also like the lighting set up haha

Comment

Working...
                              X