Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TX-32LZD80 backlight no picture (fixed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TX-32LZD80 backlight no picture (fixed)

Just got a TX-32LZD81 in; same model but with Freesat and better speakers. Same fault. Was the same fuse on T-con. Working great now
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I was given one of these tv's with the same problem, just fixed it myself using this thread, fuse cost me £3.47 from ebay, iv now got a fully working 32 inch tv for under a tenner including new remote...... Well chuffed!! Thanks for the great advice all.

Comment

Hi guys,

sorry to necro this thread however I stumbled across the forum whilst trying to find out how to fix my tx-32lzd80 which went the other day.

Symptons are similar to all described in this thread, so I've gone away and bought some of the fuses that Tom linked from cpc.. the only trouble now is they've arrived and I have no idea how to fit them!!

Any advice please?
        Thanks, Mike

Comment

did you check the fuse to see if it had blown ? if yes ,you can put it on top of old fuse don't need to take old one off, hold new over old then just solder end to end job done, if you take old fuse from board it can be hard to get new fuse soldered on small tabs if your iron is to large Flocko

Comment

Great advice floco, just volunteered to fix my brothers tv, (same problem) and found this thread,.. brilliant!! My thanks to all the subscribers to this excellent thread.
            liam

Comment

Hi all,

Many thanks for this invaluable advice - just fixed my TX-32LZD81 with the same symptoms and fault. Daughters are delighted to have cbeebies back...
              Not about to post a picture of my shoddy soldering, which was nearly disasterous... but it works!

Cheers
              Ben

Comment

Fault on TX43LZD81
                I have the same TV which presents the same problem. I have removed the back and tested the two fuses responsible for a no picture situation. We have no picture but do have sound. When I tested the fuse in your pics it reads a little over 14v the other one for the 12v feed just to the right of the board connectors below the T-con board PA7001/JS7065 reads 0.01v but the one below (C7122) reads a little over 14v too. I saw the second one identified as faulty in the only YouTube video, it was not particularly well presented but did lead me this far so I'm thankful. This TV is critical to my wife's viewing as she has an illness that prevents her being able to use multiple remotes for separate satellite box etc. she's missing it. Last question, if I cannot get the correct component can I solder a 12v 2amp fuse in situ, perhaps in a fuse holder? I am willing to invest in a new soldering iron, mine is a bit of a poker. Recommendations for something moderately priced and adequate. Please bear in mind we live in the sticks in NW France, read dark ages for choice and availability. Delivery is also painfully slow, quicker to buy and ship from the UK!
                Thanks in advance, Paul

Comment

I don't know how to solder fuses etc but I found a t-con board on eBay and just managed to fix my TV thanks to this! You stars!

Comment

Kind of reviving a dead thread here,

I've got a 'no-picture' TX-32LZD81 here, replaced the fuse with a glass type temporarily (1206 ordered) and the TV works again!

For the people that have done this fix, how long has it lasted for?

I had a look at the rails, and I have some 50Hz pulses on the 12V (the one with the fuse) and the 6V rail is sitting at 6.6V due to some ringing and again 50Hz.

Anyone know where I can get schematics/service manuals from, preferably free??

Comment

Think there are schematics on my website (below). The first set I fixed is still going (must be at least 3 years) and no complaints after my 6-mo warranty for the other set.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

heres the link for toms website not sure why its not showing in his above post
                        http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/

Comment

Thanks for the information.
                          The fault was the fuse on the T-CONN board of a Panasonic LCD TX-32 LZD81.
                          Fitting a replacement from CPC cured the fault.

Comment

i just picked up a Panasonic TX-32LZD80. same problem with the screen.

When i turn it on i get a faint blueish glow from the screen. I tried putting a flashlight up close to the screen to see if I could make out the menu but couldn't.

Does that mean the tcon board is dead rather than the lcd driver?

Also. Ive been reading this thread. If it really is a simple a fix as suggested then thats great but, my soldering skills are BAD!, my equipment is old and not very good and this fuse looks tiny!

How hard is it too do? are there any videos demonstrating the fuse replacement?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trydowave View Post
                              i just picked up a Panasonic TX-32LZD80. same problem with the screen.

When i turn it on i get a faint blueish glow from the screen. I tried putting a flashlight up close to the screen to see if I could make out the menu but couldn't.

Does that mean the tcon board is dead rather than the lcd driver?

Also. Ive been reading this thread. If it really is a simple a fix as suggested then thats great but, my soldering skills are BAD!, my equipment is old and not very good and this fuse looks tiny!

How hard is it too do? are there any videos demonstrating the fuse replacement?

Thanks
                              Your problem is most likely the fuse on the T-con

We can't rule out other possibilities unless you are prepared to get a multimeter out and start testing things

The fuse is pretty easy to replace but you'll need an intermediate level of soldering ability.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                Your problem is most likely the fuse on the T-con

We can't rule out other possibilities unless you are prepared to get a multimeter out and start testing things

The fuse is pretty easy to replace but you'll need an intermediate level of soldering ability.
                                thats what i dont have... or the knowledge regarding the testing. Got two tvs here.. the one mentioned here and an old phillips flatline 37. The latter was a great old TV but it looks like its finally bit the dust. (flickering light error).

Unfortunately looks like im gonna have to take these to the dump.

Comment

if you have or can borrow the tools we can talk you through the testing and repairs

Comment

i have a multi meter... a crap cheap soldering iron and some solder (from the 50s) and a few electrical screwdrivers etc.

would that be enough?

Comment

Dear, it is very good advice! TV works excellent! In first time I traid fuse RXEF185 and now I have to bay fuse SMD1206 24V 1.6A.
                                      Thanks!

Comment

Similar issue here with a UK TX-32LZD81. Fuse on TCON board replaced with one of these from Farnell.

BOURNS SF-1206S160W-2

https://uk.farnell.com/bourns/sf-120...206/dp/2855088

Farnell part no: 2855088

Thanks to all the contributors. Another TV saved from landfill!

Comment

Working...
                                        X